Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving the scene

+9
Dalelad
keithatrochdale
cyfrifia
Atlas
Jeanie
Hinch
smithy
Poppyanna555
Charly
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leaving the scene - Page 2 Empty Re: Leaving the scene

Post  Hinch Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Charly is very obliging that way.

I confidently predict that the miscreant(s) will be swiftly apprehended, brought before the courts and punished.

Oh God! I hate this inherited cynicism. I blame my mother.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 am

Might I offer a possible explanation. Fleet insurance. Taxi Owners can insure numerous vehicles fully comp for 'any' qualified driver. The chances are the vehicle will be on a list appertaining to the taxi/pizza firm and may take a little time to come to light. However with the DVLA their computers should be able to throw out the registered keeper by the vehicles registration/make/model number. Just a thought. Keep up the pressure charly. Don't let them 'file' it. Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Charly wrote:
It seems although the car is insured it is not registered to anyone, does that sound iffy to anyone else?

Iffy enough for the police to take an interest. Checking out car insurance is the way the terrorists in the news today, the ones that planned a massacre in Dewsbury, were found out. Sawn-off shotguns, machetes, knives, samurai swords and a bomb filled with more than 400 nails and ball-bearings were found in the car boot. Reminds of the Boston bomb.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:51 pm

I doubt its anything that drastic cyffi, otherwise I would have thought they would have offered me a curry or a kebab Laughing to keep me sweet rather than say 'well get the police then'
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm

I expect so, but the principle still applies, that checking iffy cars is worth the attention of the police.

It's a bit telling that the group of terrorists stopped for fish and chips before setting off back home. Apparently quite British, but . . .

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu May 02, 2013 9:45 pm

I can now reveal Charly's true identity.

Charly Bronson.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 pm

I think you mean Charly BRANSTON Hinch.

She always seems to find herself in a pickle. (Just my own Admin-style joke.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 am

Hope they get prosecuted Charly.

Funny when a certain person parked on the back road causing a few parking problems at the back of the houses a couple of years back. They thought they could park how they wanted and stuff the rest of us. So the police got involved and turns out the car was not taxed and a well over dated tax disc on the car.

Do not know about the rest but the car was never seen again.

Just hope you get a good result Charly and you get the money back on any repairs needed to your car.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri May 03, 2013 8:06 am

Its just scratched paintwork TP, a guy tried rubbing it out with some special stuff for me but he said its too deep to just rub out Sad
I havent recieved the form to fill in from the police yet
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Charly wrote:Its just scratched paintwork TP, a guy tried rubbing it out with some special stuff for me but he said its too deep to just rub out Sad
I havent recieved the form to fill in from the police yet

Charly: If T-Cut scratch remover wont do it, you can buy a Touch Up Pencil from your own car manufacturer's spares dept, or the independent large local stockists, who I maybe cant name (starts with an H), who stock the exact paint colour by vehicle make of your car.

I used a Touch Up recently after a Twat badly scratched all down the side of mine with a supermarket trolley. Thought it would look amateurish after my DIY, but it did a great job.

Question Are you sure you aren't supposed to collect the form from the police, as well as fill in the information on one so that they can start their enquiries.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat May 04, 2013 12:26 am

Got the form through the post today Mojo, filled it in and sent it back, had to give ALL my details including driving licence number and insurance company name and policy number as well as having to do a sketch of where my car was positioned when the collision took place.
Looking at insurance renewal/claim forms there doesnt seem to be a space for explaining you wasnt actually in the car at the time of any collision!
Mine and a neighbours cars were reversed in to by a lorry a couple of years ago, we still have to declare it on insurance renewal forms even though the lorry drivers insurance paid out, it still increased our premiums despite the fact our cars were parked up at the time!
Rip off
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2