Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1)

+3
Dalelad
Jeanie
Hinch
7 posters

Go down

The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1) Empty The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1)

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 am

Just having a last coffee and pipe of Old Toby before heading into hospital for my first knee replacement. Got my kindle and ham radio packed, plus a wad of reading material. Am down to be first on the list this afternoon. It will feel weird with my old friends and colleagues working on me.

I spent a lot of time representing theatre staff and often used to pop down there for a brew. It will seem weird looking at it all from an operating table. I will be having it under spinal so will hear all the compressed air drills and saws screaming their way through my old bones. Lovely!

Am supposed to be in for 6 days but hoping to be out sooner if all goes well.

See y'all.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1) Empty Re: The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1)

Post  Jeanie Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am

Good luck Pete hope all goes well; BEHAVE yourself Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1) Empty Re: The Battle of Wounded Knee (Phase 1)

Post  Dalelad Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:21 pm

All the best Pete!
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 am

All best wishes Hinch Razz
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 am

I thought they only did them in Africa where the  - -  no I won't say it. Oh dear. Takes me back -.What a Face
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Sending best wishes to Hinch for a speedy recovery.            

Sad to hear he had to be resuscitated during his operation.

Hope all is ok xxx
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh no!.....GOD be with you Hinch
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Hinch back home. Suffered a grand mal fit post op and had to be resuscitated by Crash Team. Posts likely to be spasmodic for a few days.

Thanks to all posters for best wishes etc. It means a lot knowing that there are folk who give a damn. You know who you are. Roll calls and name checks unnecessary.

Concentration very poor at moment Old Regulator. I will bell you and discuss your PM.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Hinch wrote:

Hinch back home. Suffered a grand mal fit post op and had to be resuscitated by Crash Team. Posts likely to be spasmodic for a few days.

Thanks to all posters for best wishes etc. It means a lot knowing that there are folk who give a damn. You know who you are. Roll calls and name checks unnecessary.

Concentration very poor at moment Old Regulator. I will bell you and discuss your PM.

Just get well as soon as.  Castleton needs raving loonies next May. xx

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 am

Good to hear you are back home Hinch and I hope you start to feel better soon.  Of course it will take time after your seizure but, with a fighting spirit like yours I am sure you will be fine, one day at a time eh Wink

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:21 am

Holy Moses. You're back AGAIN! What is the world coming to ?  Wink Wink Rolling Eyes

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:47 am

Hmmm. I feel a very different Hinch in some way. Coming so close to The Great Unknown is bound to have an effect. Am still quite disorientated in time and can't quite get my head round what happened where and when. Still, it's good to be out of the Agony Emporium and back home.

In a lot of pain and can't get my leg in a comfortable position plus getting up two flights of stairs on crutches to go to the loo is a nightmare. Wish I had a downstairs loo. Left leg very swollen with cellulitis so can't exercise it very much which is a bummer.

Waiting in for Wound Care Team and ambulance to take me for physiotherapy appointments is frustrating. Still, there are people in a far less envious position. All my observations; temp, pulse, BP, oxygen saturation levels spot on. Very bewildering.

Funny business this, life thing. It's only really on loan at the end of the day.

Being in NMGH as a patient was very interesting. Loads of old friends and colleagues popping in to see me. Quite humbling. Friends and family being very supportive.

Can't really concentrate very well at moment so my writing is on the back burner for the time being.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:06 am

Well done, Hinch for coping as well as you have. Hopefully a bit of that strange thing, time, will pass by and things will get easier for you.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:52 am

cyfrifia wrote:Well done, Hinch for coping as well as you have. Hopefully a bit of that strange thing, time, will pass by and things will get easier for you.
cyfrifia could you test something for me and my screen reader.  I can read the above in the 'reply with quote' box but not in the original mail.  the only difference between your message and Hinch's is the font size, 8 yours and 11 his.  could you edit the above to font size 11 please.  the size of font should not bother my screen reader, I can reduce to very tiny writing but i'm straw grasping here.  I can read your message by the use of a gismo in my screen reader but this is a bit messy. cheers Salty

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:00 am

There was no option for size 11 in the edit, so I edited to size 12, but it looks small, so maybe there is something odd in the font sizing department?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Your post is as articulate as ever Hinch so I don't think the 'strange feeling' will last for long Wink

You are a lucky guy! and I love your analogy of 'life being on loan'....so true.

Meantime, look after yourself and know that I and many others are willing you a speedy recovery.....

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:12 pm

cyfrifia wrote:There was no option for size 11 in the edit, so I edited to size 12, but it looks small, so maybe there is something odd in the font sizing department?
thanks for trying. it  has not worked.  where the above is written in normal mail I get 2 Space ship commanders.  my gismo says size 8 in normal and 10 above, it also gives a number of types of fonts verdana etc.  as always when all else fails i'm off to the pub. cheers Salty

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down