Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparky the poet

+2
Spartacus
Hinch
6 posters

Go down

Sparky the poet Empty Sparky the poet

Post  Hinch Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:20 pm

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/83705/ballad-of-the-rochdale-pay-rise

Bloody hell. A vicious attack on a respected public servant struggling to make ends meet.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Sparky the poet Empty Re: Sparky the poet

Post  Spartacus Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Laughing

Now, whatever shall I turn my pen to next? 

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Nice one Shirley, says just what we all think Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:32 am

AND NEXT:- Put the words to 'music' and float it on 'YOU TUBE'. Anyone out there who has the nounce??
Time to really let the pig-troughing parasites have it.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad bounce affraid 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:33 am

Not sure I'm at one with my old mucker Sparks on this one.

After all, our town has come in for a good deal of cosh lately with the homeless issue, boarded up shops, grooming trials, cancelled retail projects etc.

What better way to declare to the world that we are down but not out than by ensuring that our civic servants get rewarded for their sterling work in order to really make the borough a beacon for others to follow? That way lessons really will be truly learned.

Surely this move would signal a confidence in the town's future and ensure that we are prepared not only to pay the Living Wage but help to stimulate real economic growth?

We could go further. How about giving Blockbuster cards to all remaining council staff to help aid our flagging retail sector?

Let's have less of Sparky's negative odes and more of "I'm Going Back To Rochdale."
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks Jeanie x

Atlas wrote:AND NEXT:-   Put the words to 'music' and float it on 'YOU TUBE'. Anyone out there who has the nounce??
Time to really let the pig-troughing parasites have it.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad bounce affraid 
cheers Laughing 

I'm up for it Smile

HINCH - Think you're on a winner there with the Blockbuster Cards Smile

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Does Atlas mean 'nous' or 'nonce'? They have VERY different meanings so I'm told!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 pm

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Like it. Nice one!
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:12 am

affraid 
Hinch wrote:Does Atlas mean 'nous' or 'nonce'? They have VERY different meanings so I'm told!
"Ger off buggerlugs!" And I bite as well -affraid  When I was a lad we took the two words Knowledge and Ounce and formed one word from them ergo - nounce meaning ounce of commonsense and knowledge of the facts - nounce. Now I don't know from what neck of the Dale you popped out of but I'm sticking with 'nounce' - and yes I do know what nonce means and nous I believe is French for 'you' in the unfamiliar.
But hey - I digress. Just let the barstewards have it - all barrels.affraid bounce bounce bounce Wink 

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Shirley to stand for council lol! 
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 am

Jeanie wrote:Shirley to stand for council lol! 
lol I think not.

Not unless there was a whole new "community first" independent party locally and each ward had a candidate. Then we could see some real change.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm

A cynical view I know but when you join this council, you become part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Far more effective to use a well-sharpened pen and use the media and social networking to ensure that their deeds are publicised widely.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks to the miracle of Internet streaming, I heard my pal Sparks reading her poem out on Crescent Radio tonight.

I wonder who gave her the idea of bringing in the First World War poets to strengthen her argument that poets don't just write about nice gentle things but have always been at the forefront of mobilising social issues?

I cannot reveal but am supping some lovely bottled beer, brought round to my house by a certain blonde strumpet as a get well gift yesterday, but I cannot reveal her identity, alas!

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Hinch wrote:

Thanks to the miracle of Internet streaming, I heard my pal Sparks reading her poem out on Crescent Radio tonight.

I wonder who gave her the idea of bringing in the First World War poets to strengthen her argument that poets don't just write about nice gentle things but have always been at the forefront of mobilising social issues?

I cannot reveal but am supping some lovely bottled beer, brought round to my house by a certain blonde strumpet as a get well gift yesterday, but I cannot reveal her identity, alas!

Laughing Sooo... YOU were the listener? Laughing 

cheers 

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:19 am

A very cheesy, sexist introduction from the Alan Partridge soundalike presenter, but Sparks gave a good account of herself on " The Sound of Islam on the Airwaves," aka Crescent Radio, formerly known as Ramadhan Radio which, with the aid of Lottery funding, is trying unconvincingly to make it appear to be a real community radio station. 

http://www.crescentradio.net/about-us

The programme that Sparks appeared on seemed to be an attempt to bridge the credibility gap in this respect, but it's programming needs to be far more inclusive if it really is serious about bridging the gaps between communities. Surely with an area the size covered by RMBC there is room for a real community station; particularly if it is hoovering up wads of Lottery cash?

BTW Sparks, you have a great face for radio but you did get across, very convincingly, the massive public outrage regarding this issue.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Hinch wrote:

A very cheesy, sexist introduction from the Alan Partridge soundalike presenter, but Sparks gave a good account of herself on " The Sound of Islam on the Airwaves," aka Crescent Radio, formerly known as Ramadhan Radio which, with the aid of Lottery funding, is trying unconvincingly to make it appear to be a real community radio station. 

http://www.crescentradio.net/about-us

The programme that Sparks appeared on seemed to be an attempt to bridge the credibility gap in this respect, but it's programming needs to be far more inclusive if it really is serious about bridging the gaps between communities. Surely with an area the size covered by RMBC there is room for a real community station; particularly if it is hoovering up wads of Lottery cash?

BTW Sparks, you have a great face for radio but you did get across, very convincingly, the massive public outrage regarding this issue.

Aww... I don't think he meant to come across as sexist or cheesy, Hinch. I'm disappointed he came across like that over the radio. He was just saying it tongue-in-cheek. I'd have given him what for if it had been anything otherwise Laughing 

I think you make an excellent point with regard to Community Radio and agree with you.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum