Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Flowers on Newsnight

3 posters

Go down

Paul Flowers on Newsnight Empty Paul Flowers on Newsnight

Post  Hinch Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:08 pm

First time he's been interviewed... apart from by the police, since his fall from grace. Should be good viewing.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Paul Flowers on Newsnight Empty Re: Paul Flowers on Newsnight

Post  cyfrifia Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 am

Slightly unpleasant viewing, he is a creepy looking bloke. Forgive me.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 am

Yes. He's good. It is easy to see how he operates and appears convincing - to the uninitiated. I've come across many others likewise in my years and as ever still hold the opinion that if this country relies on people of such character (as has too frequently happened in the recent passed) then it's for the 'bin' - the whole lot of it.

A man of God? Beggars belief really doesn't it! An intelligent/educated man. Beggars belief really doesn't it! Frailties and failings we all have. But the majority of us deal with them.   We don't rely on some disembodied figment of our delusional existence to 'forgive' us and then carry on being a prat at society's expense. I don't blame this man I blame the idiots that gave him the opportunities and then tried to hide the truth behind a web of social respectability. It's not just his head that should roll. Where are the rest of the incompetents ? ??????????? Evil or Very Mad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 am

And lick-spittles ????????????????

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

I see he was fined £400 for possession.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Would that be for 'possession' of delusional beliefs in himself and realities. If so 'life' would have seemed more appropriate because he certainly isn't living a 'real' one! It's easy to see 'how' he managed to get himself into the 'managerial' roles he acquired when one looks at the 'management structure' of the Co-Op. It could never work in the real world and most certainly not when up against modern day global companies. What a mess! It reminds me of most 'heritage railway structures' which can only exist in the real world if adequately supported by people working for nothing. They should have been allowed to wither with the threat of extinction should they not have changed their archaic methods - THAT'S what would have happened to anyone else in the same situation. Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu May 08, 2014 10:18 am

I don't blame Flowers, I blame the Co-op Bank. We all bullshit at interviews.

For a high profile job like that, I would have expected them to do a serious forensic background check on him to see 7f there were any skeletons in any of his closets.

Just a ten minute conversation with 2-3 people who knew him in Rochdale would have set off a clanging of some very heavyweight alarm bells. At the very least, these would have signalled 'Proceed with extreme caution'.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu May 08, 2014 3:10 pm

I thought that the Rev (Suspended) Flowers was full of contrition and repentance taking full responsibility for his actions as expressed on Newsnight.

Now all he seems to be doing is blaming he media for his downfall.

Perhaps one of the tabloids planted the A-class on him?

He is a real whinging, pathetic character. His fine means he might have to skip a couple of lunches at The Ivy but he can still afford three minders to take him to court.

Perhaps he might return to make a fresh start in Rochdale? We will take anyone in.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri May 09, 2014 1:40 am

Likewise I too blame the bank. But it goes to show just how incompetent they are and why 'we' always end up paying for idiots and con men.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down