Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aid the UK people

3 posters

Go down

Aid the UK people Empty Aid the UK people

Post  keithatrochdale Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:06 pm

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Aid the UK people Empty Re: Aid the UK people

Post  cyfrifia Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Those who support the idea of our massive foreign aid budget may not understand how much money goes astray in foreign aid, and also find it difficult to understand the need for aid within the UK, because of the sort of society we are, they don't really recognise what goes on in the lives of the people around them.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:20 am

The amount given in foreign aid is too small to effect the problems we already have in this country. It's barely a ripple when put into context. Every little helps you might say. I would argue that withdrawing the aid would have an adverse effect on the overall situation. Whether or not something should be done regarding 'waste and corruption' is an entirely different matter. There you may get my tacit agreement. Notwithstanding personal feelings and emotions I cannot see that this petition will generate sufficient concerns. The matter, if it were to become pertinent to a much larger amount in total, might be worthy of scrutiny but until then - - - -. Rolling Eyes 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down