Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First film?

3 posters

Go down

First film? Empty First film?

Post  Hinch Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:49 am

What was the first film you ever saw? One of my first was 'Tom Thumb' circa 1958 at the old Victory cinema - Now Worldwide Cash & Carry. I just watched this clip with the wonderful Russ Tamblyn. No CGI. Just great acting, dancing and cinematography.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

First film? Empty Re: First film?

Post  Dalelad Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:25 am

I can't remember. It may have been Mary Poppins but was definitely in the cinema aty the top of Drake Street. It closed down not long after.
First non U or A film was National Lampoons Animal House at the ABC. I was by myself. We were all suppose to meet inside but my mate got his date of birth wrong and him and everyone else with him ended up watching Pete's Dragon.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:54 am

Kids under 12 were not allowed in cinemas in my day without a parent. Unless of course it was matinee which was Satuday afternoons (later changed to Saturday mornings). The first major film I saw was at nine years old taken with my mother to see - wait for it - Dial 'M' for Murder. Classification 'A' - kids allowed with an adult. It scared me sh******. I could do without bodies in baths at that age let me tell you. So what does that say about my mother? Can I take her to the cops for mental abuse? The film was showing at the Palace. The matinees at the Ceylon and Pavillion. Go on - top that - Wink Razz 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down