Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a raquet!

2 posters

Go down

What a raquet! Empty What a raquet!

Post  cyfrifia Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:40 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-shops-fall-quiet-autism-autistic-people-toys-r-us-clarks-national-autistic-society-a7855956.html

In the first week of October, some shops will turn down the volume on background music a bit for autism awareness.

Some people avoid shopping because of the background music. I am one of them. I'm slightly autistic, the main way it shows is that I can't tolerate meaningless noise for very long. I can only stand being in a shop with background music for a few minutes. Looking on the bright side, it does mean I spend less, and it probably saved me from becoming alchoholic, as the pubs became too noisy. At one time you could find a quiet spot in a pub but now they have loudspeakers in every corner. Same anywhere really, if there is background music, I can't stay long. Documentaries on TV usually have too much loud background music for me to watch them. If there was a button on the zapper to remove background music but still hear the narration, that would be brilliant.

Most birds animals etc are driven away by such noise, it's only humans who for some reason want to fill the world with noise. I can understand people put up with noise when it's caused by doing something useful, but why do they want loud background music when they are having to shout over it to have a conversation. Apparently, people are uncomfortable with silence, maybe that's because they've never heard it before?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

What a raquet! Empty Re: What a raquet!

Post  Atlas Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 pm

It's inherent. Part of man's genetic make-up. The noise in the heat of battle, the rabble-rousing, the boisterous gathering. Anywhere man congregates there has to be 'noise' to accompany his celebrations or actions. Unless he's a monk! You do get the odd ball every now and then. Football matches are a typical example. It's all a form and an accompanier towards 'having a good time' - yes - even killing people is having a good time in most young peoples eyes. The blood-lust as it's called. All inherent and quite 'normal'. Whereas if one is slightly 'off-wired' then a different set of rules will apply -. As in your personal experiences with - noise. It will be nice to know you are one of a special set-aside - brilliant but not necessarily logical. I rest my case - - - - .Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 am

We do tend to understand such thngs in terms of genetics, culture and mindset also invloved.

A generation ago, people used to complain about constant background music, but perhaps the population has adapted to it. I can't, so I avoid it.

Autism, like dyslexia, asthma and allergies is more recognised today, whether there is more of them or just better known about is a puzzle.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:05 pm

There is a greater acceptance that human beings are not born perfect these days and that we must all make much more of an effort to 'understand' and if required 'treat' those with symptoms of 'unusual behaviour' with greater and greater deference and understanding. Which is of course yet another prime example of where we are going with this PC world - i.e. to hell in a hand-basket -. By far the greater reasons for 'bad behaviour' in children is exactly that - bad behaviour and not some weird bunch of capital letters attempting to describe a minor malfunction of the brain. The little bastard is creating havoc because no body has taken the little bastard aside and given it a thump. A thump by the way is what you do to any article that refuses to enact its intend use (as Grandma would say). Works wonders in almost all cases. The one's it doesn't are the one's that really require the psychiatrist's help. But I recommend the instant method first - thump the little sod.

As for the more milder maladies, and here you point out a mild dysfunctional wiring job, patience and help are by far the better methods. The 'dunces' cap was the certificate of accomplishment in ignorance by its users and capped their arrogance as they destroyed many a fine mind and the planet with its use. But given they themselves were taught by even more ignorance it was hardly surprising.

Today we are more aware of the many different maladies that can disturb us and what to do about them. Although I do have to say that many are also the vagaries of the vivid imagination and a desire for human sympathy and attention - (I suppose you would say they also need a psychiatrist).
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Something untoward is going on with peoples' health, sperm counts half what they were forty years ago in industrialised countries, as well as all the asthma and peanut allergies. Eating disorders and body dysmorphia more widespread. I'm not sure if a good thump will cure all of that. As you recommend though, worth a try.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Sperm Count findings (1960's) not originally thought to be very conclusive as to exact numbers - guesstimates to be more precise. 20016 numbers far more accurate but the two cannot be reconciled as proof positive for a 'drop' in numbers -. Ain't that the truth -. Ergo - much more and better figures are required and for that we shall have to wait a further 50 years when I'm sure they, the scientists, will have figured out a more accurate counting device. Meanwhile - only old age can reduce my generations count and with the damage those 'escapees' of my generation have done across the globe in the last 50 years I'm not so sure we should even care -.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum