Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pub closures ...restaurants opening

+4
Atlas
Dalelad
teamplayer2
Charly
8 posters

Go down

Pub closures ...restaurants opening Empty Pub closures ...restaurants opening

Post  Charly Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

The New Inn at Dearnley recently opened up as The Green Door restaurant and now I notice the Sun Inn next to where the old Whittles bakery was is opening soon as an Italian restaurant.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pub closures ...restaurants opening Empty Re: Pub closures ...restaurants opening

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Still I suppose the buildings are being put to use and creating employment Charly.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pub closures ...restaurants opening Empty Re: Pub closures ...restaurants opening

Post  Dalelad Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm

The Blue Ball in Norden is being converted to a restaurant as well. It will be called The Norden Arms. It looks like they will have to sell a good few meals to pay for all the work being done. I'll be giving it a try out when it opens.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

I was watching out for it UTD. Passed it a few times in recent weeks. Still better the building put to use than seeing it boarded up like some of the pubs in recent times. I hope the new owners get better luck than some of the pubs at present.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Yes, I'm pleased to see new businesses opening up and although I probably wont be using them personally (prefer Indian) I wish them well and its good to see Littleborough getting more choice of restaurants.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Yes Charly but Littleborough does seem to attract business better than Rochdale as a whole. I think they have a better community over there.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am

Times change and we move on. It is to be hoped that these new restaurants/hostelries have secured an open corner somewhere so we can slink off and clandestinely have a quick drag. If not . I won't be going in them.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Charly wrote:Yes, I'm pleased to see new businesses opening up and although I probably wont be using them personally (prefer Indian) I wish them well and its good to see Littleborough getting more choice of restaurants.

I agree with you on that Charly have you been to the Green Door very nice but a bit pricey Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Pub closures ...restaurants opening Empty Green Door

Post  anexium Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 am

I was up at the Green Door a couple of weeks back. It was a party of 20 (!) for a birthday. Took a bit of time to get seated, but that's understandable as it's not the biggest of places. The staff were really helpful and we even got the chef out from the kitchen to have a chat with us about the food. The food itself was really good, possibly some of the best I've had around Rochdale. Like some posters have said it is a bit pricey, but as a treat I think it's worth it. I'd recommend it highly.
anexium
anexium
Crew
Crew

http://www.anexium.com

Back to top Go down

Pub closures ...restaurants opening Empty In a vaguely related manner

Post  anexium Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm

In an amost related manner, does anyone have any photographs of the Two Ships Hotel on Hope Street (which the internet says became the Tap & Spile for a time in the early 90s). I know the building is still there but I've got a friend who's after any details of what the pub signage was like.
anexium
anexium
Crew
Crew

http://www.anexium.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann M Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Hope to see you there Dalelad!

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Pob808 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 pm

In a recent poll held on the LittleboroughLocal Facebook page, The Green Door and The Rake Tapas were neck-and-neck as the best Littleborough restaurant. The Waterside came third.

It is great that new businesses are opening up and new uses are found for these buildings - pubs face a tremendous struggle competing with cheap supermarket prices and home sky TV!

I hope Don Paolos does well. I wish them luck.
Pob808
Pob808

http://www.littleboroughlocal.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down