Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC

+4
Jeanie
Hinch
southernbelle
Heywoodpp
8 posters

Go down

In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC Empty In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC

Post  Heywoodpp Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 pm

There is a report in the local press today that RMBC are discussing with Link4Life their taking adult care off RMBC and running it themselves.

Do the values and ethos of a company that runs swimming pools, gymnasia and museums transfer over to the effective and compassionate provision of care for the elderly and other vulnerable members of our society?

There was a report earlier in the year that RMBC had valued all of its treasures and art. It seems, though, that what they might be selling off is the provision of care to the needy.

I did have to look at the dateline on the paper and see if it was April 1st!
Heywoodpp
Heywoodpp
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC Empty Re: In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC

Post  southernbelle Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Perhaps they are offering free exercise to over 80s?

Seriously I reckon RMBC are desperate for Adult care to be someones elses problem.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC Empty Re: In at the deep end? Link4Life might take over adult care from RMBC

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Well, we have had firms like Rentokill, Group 4 and various breweries buying up care homes over the years so anything is possible and of course, BUPA was and still is an an insurance company.

I'm not saying it's right; just that there are many, many precedents.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 pm

southernbelle wrote:Perhaps they are offering free exercise to over 80s?

Seriously I reckon RMBC are desperate for Adult care to be someones elses problem.

I couldn't agree more except the exercises wouldn't be free if anything surely over if we are lucky enough to reach 80 then "pay your way" seems to be Rochdale's motto regardless of age Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Are we the worst country in the world when it comes to looking after our elderly, or does it just feel that way 'cos its creeping up on me?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Charly wrote:Are we the worst country in the world when it comes to looking after our elderly, or does it just feel that way 'cos its creeping up on me?

Look more locally at neighbouring towns Charly non of them have hit adult care services as hard as Rochdale has Mad
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 am

Charly wrote:Are we the worst country in the world when it comes to looking after our elderly, or does it just feel that way 'cos its creeping up on me?

Well I have to say speaking from my very current experience with care for the elderly, and to put it very mildly, we as a country are found to be very wanting in the area of care for the elderly. On a local level. Well I cant swear on this forum can I? Mad

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:48 am

Virgin the former record company, now airline & train operating company plus big into the financial sector has also been involved in providing healthcare services to the NHS for some time.

I suppose if you are a business and someone dangles a lorra, lorra cash in front of you and says,"I know you ain't got any experience in this sector but how would you like to run our services for us?" then human nature being what it is, many people would bite your hand off.

The world's turned upside down folks!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 am

And of course Arriva buses are taking over the patient transport system although I suppose that this is closer to their core business,
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

I would have thought Link4Life was the last sort of outfit to run adult services. They hardly run the museum and arts service at a profit.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Would have thought it was impossible to run such services at a profit unless users had to pay a lot of money to use them.
They have however been successful in updating sports and leisure facilities in the borough.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 pm

True UTD. They may be alright to update the sports area but will they run at a profit?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 am

Time will tell. I do hope so.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down