Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Deed Tonight

+3
cyfrifia
hovis
teamplayer2
7 posters

Go down

Good Deed Tonight Empty Good Deed Tonight

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Boy what an evening I had. After leaving a meeting I went into a very dark unlit carpark.

I was walking very carefully in this carpark when I heard this voice of a female shouting for help. I looked round and I could not see her and thought was I hearing things at first.

Then I was looking round and I shouted where are you and I heard the lady call out out again would I help her. I made my way slowly towards where I could hear her just being wary where I was walking. Then I looked down just in front of me was this elderly lady and she was communicating with me Just could make her out from a street lamp nearby, but she was asking me to help her up. I told her I dare not move her by myself and it was to difficult to see without any proper light.

So making sure she was still able to communicae very clearly with me and reassured her I will be back with help and just going back to the entrance of the building a few feet away, I rushed back to the building and asked for help and could someone please turn the outside lights on.

A group of people came back out with me and the outside lights to the carpark were turned on but no idea why they were off in the first place.

Anyway we all made sure she was not very badly injured but she seemed ok but due to a recent operation on her leg she told me she had difficulty in getting up off the floor. I said should we get an ambulance but she insisted she would be ok and anyway there were other people there as well. Helped to a car where other people took over who knew her and making sure she was getting help and taking her home.

Someone said if I had not gone out at that time other people from the building at the meeting where going the other way so may not have noticed her. Best thing for me when she said thank you to me for helping her which pleased me but I would have helped anyone in the same situation, but also thought how lucky she was I was walking in the same direction, Though she was left in capable hands and looked fine.

Anyway I will ask tomorrow to see how she is.

Last edited by teamplayer2 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Good Deed Tonight Empty Re: Good Deed Tonight

Post  hovis Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Thank goodness you were there. Good deed and well done

hovis
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Good job well done, Teamplayer. Cool

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Think fate played a hand tonight TP good job you were there . sounds like the lighting of this carpark needs to be looked at ?
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Well done.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Jeanie wrote:Think fate played a hand tonight TP good job you were there . sounds like the lighting of this carpark needs to be looked at ?

It is ok Jeanie I will email them tomorrow to ask if they have made an incident report and mention the lights being off when people where leaving after the meeting.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:
Jeanie wrote:Think fate played a hand tonight TP good job you were there . sounds like the lighting of this carpark needs to be looked at ?

It is ok Jeanie I will email them tomorrow to ask if they have made an incident report and mention the lights being off when people where leaving after the meeting.

Well done Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Nice one TP, good job!
What is a scary thought though is when things like this happen and it turns out to be a trick.
My daughter rang me a few weeks ago, she was driving home early evening but light fading and had seen an unattended pushchair next to a bus stop, it appeared to have blankets ect making it look as though there was a baby in it. Luckily she drove on a little then pulled over and rang me asking what she should do.
I told her not to get out of the car but to ring the police, good job she did...it was a trick to get people to stop so these guys could run and jump in the car and drive off.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 am

Good for you TP, glad you were there to help. I must admit though, as your story unraveled I thought it might have been a ploy similar to the one that Charly described. I must admit, I would have been very wary, I would have summoned help but would probably not have approached the scene alone. Sad reflection of the the times we live in that we need to consider the pro's and con's before helping someone in distress.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I know one has to becareful today, but I could not just ignore someone if they are in trouble and asking for help.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 pm

It's a basic instinct, but I do look right, look left and go carefully when going to help someone I don't know.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Anyway I followed up today on what happened the other night and it looks like nothing serious has happened. No serious injuries and all appears to be well.

At least so far so good as to speak. One lucky lady.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down