Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect for the dead - Rochdale-style

2 posters

Go down

Respect for the dead - Rochdale-style Empty Respect for the dead - Rochdale-style

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Well, I thought I'd seen it all!

This lunchtime, I bought my buttie and drove down to the Cemetary for a bit of peace, tranquility and reflection in this 'Quiet Place At The End of the World'.... or so I thought.

A funeral was just finishing. The mourners seemed to consist of a large proportion of strangely-garbed, troubled looking young people who gave evey impression of having taken to drink or chemicals to assuage their deep grief.

The Rolls-Royce hearse drove off followed by two or three of them running alongside it screaming and shouting. One young harriden was banging on the windows bawling, "How dare you f***ing accuse me of kicking off at a funeral!"

It all looked more like a scene from Dante's 'Inferno'.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Respect for the dead - Rochdale-style Empty Re: Respect for the dead - Rochdale-style

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Very strange what goes on sometimes Hinch.

It was unfortunate while working in a care home when an elderly lady who was dying had two daughters arguing who should inherit the house in the same room as their dying Mother.

I just could not believe it but human nature I suppose.

Though the nurse in charge had a lot to say about it.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down