Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Positive about Rochdale

+6
Hinch
Irishman
Atlas
cyfrifia
Jeanie
teamplayer2
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Positive about Rochdale - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive about Rochdale

Post  Atlas Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:09 am

With massive fleets of 'white van man' clogging up the motorways and thoroughfares. Delivering everywhere.
So the ex- high street employee needs to get himself a white van NOW. The bandwagon is already leaving the station. Less shopping, less cars. Less shops, less deliveries. You know it makes sense.
And so the merry-go-round goes merrily round and round and round. Where will it stop. Nobody knows. Where fools rush in - nobody goes. Well not if your Rochdale born and have some nounce that is.
I haven't previously commented on this thread wondering (as one does) why on earth anyone would want to build another shopping centre when those already there are 'empty' as are half the shops throughout the town?
Doesn't make sense - other than to a greedy developer, a bent council official and a building firm seeking an easy ride. If it's partially capital monies destined only for such purpose with additions from the private sector with lease back arrangements and such then there really isn't a lot one can do other than to wonder why better controls are not kept on regional grants etc etc. Hey ho - That's Life. Sad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Lets face it, half the 'shops' now aren't really shops where you go in, see something you want, pay for it and take it home. They are often just 'selling points where see what you want to buy, pay for it and go home and await delivery... Or in the case of furniture, actual manufacturer.

I now buy virtually all my Xmas stuff on t'internet.

Still sod all in Rochdale that I would want to buy.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I know I started this but there is still a lot of good points and nice people who live in Rochdale. It is just a shame some people have put us on the map for the wrong reasons and it is unfortunate that it is always scandals and bad news that makes it front page news.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 pm

What a very good post that is Teamplayer. cheers

I think most towns suffer the same fate of only having negative things said about them in the national and regional media.

Rochdale is probably in the bottom 5-10 5 of towns for shopping without a doubt, also for weather, for unemployment/job prospects, terrible amount of low paid jobs, terrible politics especially in last 40 years, etc.

On the positives we had a lot of Olympians in the summer, plenty of very good sports people, Football team still in the football league, we have got excellent new sports centre, lots of amateur sports cubs, fantastic different types of food to eat, overall decent people, close to cracking countryside, good education establishments in the main which successfully add value to children's education when compared to their staring points, as well as children achieving good levels in education, etc.

Overall it's not great, but it's not really terrible, though for some people it is great and sadly for others it's bloody terrible. I would imagine for most of us it's average. A lot depends on ones own situation.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2