Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIV Virus statistics

5 posters

Go down

HIV Virus statistics Empty HIV Virus statistics

Post  Charly Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 pm

The latest statistics say there is around 25,000 who have the HIV virus and they dont know they have it.
Can anyone tell me how the people who put the statistics out know about these sufferers if the sufferers dont know themselves? Rolling Eyes
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

HIV Virus statistics Empty Re: HIV Virus statistics

Post  Atlas Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:27 am

Yes Charly. It's a calculation taken from a number of other stats i.e. patients who have been tested for illnesses who didn't know they had the virus, patients who have gone for testing after discovering a partner has the virus and a head count from the number of sexualy active people in the country and the figure for those who have died over a given period of AIDS and who discovered too late they had the virus. Strangely enough the figure of 25,000 may not be exact and may differ 10% or more either way - but it is a good guide. There may well be other stats taken from other sources of which I am not privy.
I hope this makes it clearer.

(Nobody likes a smart arse Very Happy )
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:37 am

I'm no wiser now Atlas, the way you mention they have arrived at the statistics are all good but...it still doesnt tell me how they know 25,000 people have the virus without knowing, IF they had gone through any of the testing for other things ect then they would KNOW if they had the virus Rolling Eyes but it is too late in the day to get my head round it I suppose Laughing
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:55 am

Read it again tomorrow sweetie. You might be even more baffled by it then. Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:25 am

Funny the PM has hit the news with this, I wonder when things of this nature suddenly hit the headlines, what is going on in the background that they do not want us to know about......

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 am

I thought it was just because its 'Aids week' ?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:30 am

Keith don't know about 'Aids Week' charly. He finks them spin doctors have a cupboard full of little shelves, one for each month, stacked with 'Items of interest to sway potential voters from thinking logically'.

Do you know something - hmm? He may well be right -hmmmmmm. Idea
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 am

Charly wrote:I thought it was just because its 'Aids week' ?

Same here.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:21 am

It’s like any other of sexually transmitted diseases they put it in the media and people make an effort until they forget and just get on with life.

Some people the young in question don’t see this as a problem if the warning is not on screen 24/7, about as simple as it gets really. If they don’t hear about it then it’s not happening or it’s been sorted. Shocked

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 am

Irishman wrote:It’s like any other of sexually transmitted diseases they put it in the media and people make an effort until they forget and just get on with life.

Some people the young in question don’t see this as a problem if the warning is not on screen 24/7, about as simple as it gets really. If they don’t hear about it then it’s not happening or it’s been sorted. Shocked

I re-call all the adverts. Such as 'dont die of ignorance' Im sure one advert was of a black tombstone?

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down