Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone Hacking

+2
Poppyanna555
Jeanie
6 posters

Go down

Phone Hacking Empty Phone Hacking

Post  Jeanie Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Today I have found out that my phone has been hacked someone has "stolen" my number and ordered an upgrade I am now without a phone and also unable to receive or send emails on my computer.
The fraud squad are involved but it going to take time to find the culprit but they have assured me they will get the person who has done this.

This is the worst possible time it could happen when my husband has just been discharged from hospital and my mum isn't well I feel so angry and vulnerable that this could happen Crying or Very sad
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Empty Reply with quote Phone Hacking !!

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 pm

There are some low lifes out there Jeanie, I hope it all gets sorted out soon. As you say, worse time possible and that's the thing, they have no idea what impact this sort of act has on people and, neither do they care! Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Empty Re: Phone Hacking

Post  cyfrifia Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Yes, sorry to hear you have that additional stress, Jeanie. Excuse my lack of knowledge on these things, but if someone has 'stolen' your number, can someone ring that number and speak to the thief?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 pm

cyfrifia wrote:Yes, sorry to hear you have that additional stress, Jeanie. Excuse my lack of knowledge on these things, but if someone has 'stolen' your number, can someone ring that number and speak to the thief?
Not now it has been blocked !! but I don't know as yet what else they have got as they have got my email account as well ?
The Fraud Squad and police are involved but in the meantime I am without my phone and email !
I can't wait to meet this nasty greedy person in court ?

Last edited by Jeanie on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm

How did they get hold of your details?
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

johnb wrote:How did they get hold of your details?

I really don't know John and that is what is worrying me ? the Fraud Squad & Police say they are closing in on "who-ever" but I just feel so vulnerable it seems someone has taken my identity ?
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Ive got a bog standard phone you could use meanwhile if you want Jeanie
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 am

Flipping mobile phone networks, Evil or Very Mad just got 2 texts, one off Jeanie timed at 12.04 to ring her at home, and knowing her mum and hubby are not in the best of health at the minute, I rang straight away thinking it was some sort of emergency..only to find she sent the text hours ago and was now in bed and I woke her up! Embarassed
I'll not answer the 2nd text timed at 12.05 until morning just in case that was sent hours ago too!
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Someone manged to get hold of my national insurance number a few years ago and tried to make a claim using my number. Frightening how they get hold of them.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Charly wrote:Flipping mobile phone networks, Evil or Very Mad just got 2 texts, one off Jeanie timed at 12.04 to ring her at home, and knowing her mum and hubby are not in the best of health at the minute, I rang straight away thinking it was some sort of emergency..only to find she sent the text hours ago and was now in bed and I woke her up! Embarassed
I'll not answer the 2nd text timed at 12.05 until morning just in case that was sent hours ago too!

No problem Charly Wink

I went into O2 Shop today and there is nothing they could do because it is being investigated more annoying that I can't send or receive emails as well because that has been locked?? I tried to open a new account but it won't let me do that either Mad
I just hope they catch whoever soon fraud squad are going to ring me on Monday.
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 pm

I have just found out someone in "another country" ordered an i Phone with my name & number how on earth could that happen???
My phone is now back on but not my email as yet Mad
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm

A couple of years ago my debit card was cloned somehow. I got a call from the bank asking me if I had the card in my possession I said yes I had got it with me he then told me someone was trying to use it is Russia!
Luckily I usually notify them when I am abroad and in what country I will be so it flagged up as suspicious.
I've only ever touched down in Russia for a re-fuel on my way somewhere else but that was some years before this incident happened.
I told the bank I knew where I suspected my card had been cloned but they wasnt interested.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Jeanie wrote:I have just found out someone in "another country" ordered an i Phone with my name & number how on earth could that happen???
My phone is now back on but not my email as yet Mad

Got my phone & email back some interesting emails from o2 with the address the phone was delivered to the date the time and address it wasn't out of the country it was in London have phoned the Police and Greater Manchester Fraud Squad and given them all the details !
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Lets hope they get the culprits then Jeanie
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Charly wrote:Lets hope they get the culprits then Jeanie

Hope so Charly but really not happy that a £6-£700 phone could be sent out in my name and the cheeky so and so even signed for it in my name in London won't be any use to him as it has been blocked and I believe it can't be unblocked it's a i phone 5 whatever one of them is? they have signed a contract for 2 years in my name for £57 a month ! cheeky gits Shocked
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Funny you should mention such things charly and Jeanie. Had a phone call earlier this year from my bank asking if I tried to withdraw from my bank accounts during the day. I said no but someone tried to break into my accounts using my pin number.Still to this day did not know how they got hold of my pin number.

Last time I heard it was still under investigation. I hope I do not meet up with the idiot I would like to say a lot to them, but will never happen.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

One of my daughters has had the same problem TP, whoever it was managed to get £40 out of the ATM.
She questioned it but they said they had CCTV of the transaction but when she asked for a copy to prove it wasnt her they refused and just said case over... £40 down the swannee
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down