Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable.

3 posters

Go down

A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable. Empty A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable.

Post  southernbelle Wed May 22, 2013 7:18 am

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/80499/ramsey-refurb-is-just-the-job-for-young-trainees

A double whammy I would say. Training, (and work) and a derelict building made habitable.

But I dont think private landlords should be able to use the scheme til all the council houses are done.

Last edited by southernbelle on Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable. Empty Re: A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable.

Post  Charly Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 am

I agree SB, why should private landlords be allowed to 'cash in' on this scheme saving themselves money on refurbishment while collecting 'affordable' rents?
I'm not sure what an 'affordable' rent is, watching the Homes under the hammer programme I see properties in decent areas newly refurbished to a high standard that have rents at £375-£450, yet here in Rochdale and Littleborough the rents of properties I've recently looked at are at least £425-£600 for your bog standard in need of work 2 bed terraces.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable. Empty Re: A good way for derelict council houses to be made reuseable.

Post  Atlas Thu May 23, 2013 2:07 am

The more the 'need' the more the 'greed'. Rochdale is very heavily populated whereas others not so is the answer to your question charly. Either that or some people in the town have more money that sense or a better understanding of the 'benefit' system. As to your remark ref social housing first and foremost I would agree. It's the law that needs changing if you wish to remedy that.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down