Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook friends

5 posters

Go down

Facebook friends Empty Facebook friends

Post  Charly Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:04 am

I clicked on an old inactive facebook account a couple of weeks ago just trying to find someone I needed to contact.
I dont know how but apparently Facebook has sent out lots of 'friend requests' Mad to those who have replied accepting or requesting to be my 'friend' , I'm not ignoring you its just that I have not re-activated the account.
I deactivated the account as I was sick of all the arguing going on and name calling, I found the site full of keyboard warriors What a Face
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Facebook friends Empty Re: Facebook friends

Post  southernbelle Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 am

I dont find that at all. My family and far flung friends keep in touch more easily and share pics. I play scrabble with loads of them. I find its easiest to limit your friend list to those you really want to keep in touch with, I have a rule, 2 posts containing bad language or rude stuff, and you are off my lisst, or hidden from my page. pirat
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 am

Not right clever SB when it comes to setting privacy or whatever it was so I just deactivated it.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Neighbourhood police have warned of online dangers at every secondary school across Rochdale, some primary schools are next on the list.

P.C. Dave Gurr, leading the scheme said: "We have found that more and more young people are on Facebook and the presentation is to make them aware of the dangers, especially with child grooming, which can be done online.

"Children as young as nine can be on Facebook, so it’s about trying to identify the dangers, making sure that their settings are private and their ‘friends’ are actual real friends."

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1592375_rochdale-children-as-young-as-10-to-be-taught-about-grooming-after-sex-gang-scandal

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

I went on Facebook just to find out some information and not to bother again when I had finished. I was rather puzzled to recieve a load of messages and emails of people up and down the country wanting to contact me for one thing or other. I got rid of the messages and altered the account but what is all that about or is it just the norm on Face Book!
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Seems to be the norm TP, I'm still getting 'Friend requests' now, weeks later.
I'm also getting 'you may know this person' e mails grrrr
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down