Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Baths: the final chapter

+7
johnb
CS
Striding
Charly
nickih
moterbiklist
Hinch
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Central Baths: the final chapter - Page 2 Empty Re: Central Baths: the final chapter

Post  Hinch Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 am

The cafe at the old baths always used to be full and the only certification that staff need is the basic food-handing certificate.

A good cafe will bring in the punters. Look at this forum, forty years since some of us went there but what do we all remember? Yes - the blooming cafe cafe.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Central Baths: the final chapter - Page 2 Empty Re: Central Baths: the final chapter

Post  Charly Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:10 am

I even have a photo of the cafe staff somewhere, we went in after every swimming lesson and got friendly with the ladies, they knew what we wanted as we went in and was met with 'having the usual girls?'
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 am

Your simple response Hinch is totally inadequate - and ill informed. What you may want and what is commercially feasible are two completely different things. I suspect the cafe at the old baths was heavily subsidised during the latter part of its existence - and I bet I'm not wrong. Had it have been otherwise I suspect the new baths would have been fitted out with something similar. The fact that it wasn't speaks volumes. (Don't forget I have run a cafe here for the last twenty years so I don't speak of such lightly). Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Does the new centre not have the pre-requiste coffee shop or decking?!

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  nickih Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Chill37 wrote:Does the new centre not have the pre-requiste coffee shop or decking?!

Have you not been yet? It's been open weeks Very Happy

No, no cafe. There's a seating area with vending mahines which massively overcharge for unhealthy cr*p.
nickih
nickih
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:20 am

Not surprised Hinch. I have already placed before the directors (2 seasons back) a similar proposal for our café area here at the railway. If insufficient usage takes place then what was once not just a service but reasonably profitable, will have to go. I don't blame the punters bringing their own food given how things are at the present time. It's understandable. But we cannot keep using other departments profitability just to keep up a 'service' which remember is not our main 'leader'. One more season like the last (2012) and our café staff will also resemble unhealthy cr*p and shiny metal.

Last edited by Atlas on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling.)
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:43 am

nickih wrote:
Chill37 wrote:Does the new centre not have the pre-requiste coffee shop or decking?!

Have you not been yet? It's been open weeks Very Happy

No, no cafe. There's a seating area with vending mahines which massively overcharge for unhealthy cr*p.

No I havn't been there yet. Maybe one day. Seems daft having a health centre and have vending machines selling fast food and snacks.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2