Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Car Park in a church yard !!!

Go down

A Car Park in a church yard !!! Empty A Car Park in a church yard !!!

Post  Jeanie Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:24 pm

I really can't understand why church leaders would agree for graves to be tarmaced over and gravestones removed to build a 10 space car-park at the rear of St Johns Church Smallbridge which is a grade -11 listed building and opened in 1834.
For years since the closure of the church I have wrote to the diocese requesting they gave the Church to the community to provide a community centre but sadly they never replied.
I would like to know who would benefit from a car-park at the back of the church?
and more important WHO has put in planning application to the church leaders Question

Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

A Car Park in a church yard !!! Empty Re: A Car Park in a church yard !!!

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Jeanie: The Church's selling Agent has put in a planning application to the council, where it's being managed by Christina Sinclair, Conservation and Design Development Management, (Oooo) RMBC Planning Dept. They have had a Heritage Assessment done.

According to a council report, the Diocese has advertised and approached many interested parties, such as community projects, playgroups, indooor sports and fitness centres, offices and other possible religious bodies and they all apparently say that they require adjacent vehicular access and parking for up to 10 cars. That's some coincidence, hey?

The Agents seemingly state they have recently received an enquiry for continuing religious use, and almost the first question asked was, ' can we extend the area you have suggested almost to the back boundary wall ! '

Enquirers have dismissed the nearby LA land for parking on, because they would not have control over it and the RMB Council would only consider selling at a sum significantly more than a viable price for the sale of the Church and the site (again, according to a Council report

Hope this helps. Try some "sleuthing" Jeanie Laughing

Last edited by Mojo Hill on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks for the info Mojo
I can tell you no community groups have been contacted not in Smallbridge area and no-were has it been advertised !!!
Someone is telling porky pie lies Rolling Eyes
Surely the Diocese & Council wouldn't do that would they ?

Last edited by Jeanie on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Not only do I have to fathom out why the Forum format is different, but I'm being tasked with Spade Work ... study Huh

OK then, here is the Council reference:
http://publicaccess.rochdale.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MDW461NB20000

If you read the associated Docs, they confirm in detail what's documented and by whom.

If you're not happy about pork pies and things Suspect , I'm sure one of your local Ward Councillors would happily take this up for you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down