Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places

+2
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
6 posters

Go down

Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places  Empty Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 pm

This would have nothing at all to do with immigration....would it? I'll answer my own question, of course it does! When are this government going to listen? Rolling Eyes
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places  Empty Re: Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Becareful Poppy you might start a fight over this. affraid
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places  Empty Re: Baby Boom causes a quarter of a million shortfall in school places

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:54 pm

C'mon TP, I am saying what umpteen others are thinking too aren't I, possibly even you? .. Razz
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:06 pm

More like never invested enough money in schools to a growing population over the years. Also same with hospitals etc. Though has it not been reported that more people leave the country as many come in. Cannot remember but I am sure I have seen that somewhere.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Whether those kids will grow up and be able to get good jobs, careers and occupations in an economy that is thriving with full employment, or even doing ok by the time they leave school is an open question, depends how optimistic you are about how the UK and the world will be in 2030.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 am

As already explained in the past. A country that does not produce a minimum of 2.3 children per 'pairing' will ultimately fail due to economic pressures with too many aging and insufficient of working age to sustain a positive growth. A baby boom some 10 to 12 years ago would have been shown through statistics and should (regardless of immigration and emigration) have been duly noted and forward planning acted upon to cover the 'known' growth. This was NOT done for whatever reasons that may have been apparent/ necessary at the time. This of course has its downside as a constantly burgeoning population has to be accommodated within certain confines of area and possible production. What's the answer. I don't know. What I do know is that the problem will be taken care of eventually - and I doubt very much that it will be kind or considerate or peaceful. affraid
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  mary ann Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 am

In this Borough it could be something to do with RMBC closing schools. In Heywood there were three primaries and they were all closed with only one to replace them. It was already too small before building was completed.

mary ann
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Easy thing to blame it on immigration. It may be part of the issue but certainly not all of it.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:23 pm

It is only partly immigration, it's also failing to predict that immigrants will have children, and to make plans accordingly. Smile

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Poor planning decision? That rings a bell.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:05 am

Cue for Atlas to trot out his old mantra yet again. People of political and religious leanings are human beings (but not as we know them Capt). They, like all the rest of us, make mistakes. Why we expect them to be some kind of 'Gods' I don't know. All we can do is 'fire' them, if still in play, and castigate those who slipped through the net at the time. Stop paying them so much and letting them rule with impunity. Get aggressive if need be. Write letters, send e-mails, phone them at home at 3 in the morning - - then perhaps we might just get some people who will be what they are supposed to be - Servants of the people. Not , Self-serving indolent cretins. affraid
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down