Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drink drivers

+2
southernbelle
teamplayer2
6 posters

Go down

Drink drivers Empty Drink drivers

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Going through Rochdale today I would think the police will need to set up road blocks. This to show how many drink or drug drivers there are on the roads and need to be caught.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Drink drivers Empty Re: Drink drivers

Post  southernbelle Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:46 am

They would only crash thru em "Smokey" style!!
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 am

How can you tell if someone is drunk or drugged up before you stop them?
Some people drive recklessly when stone cold sober.
I think I'd be pretty miffed if I came across road blocks all over town, the traffic situation is bad enough as it is.
All the police need to do is stand on Halifax Road in rush hour in either direction, they would have plenty of time to talk to each driver without road blocks
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

teamplayer2 wrote:Going through Rochdale today I would think the police will need to set up road blocks. This to show how many drink or drug drivers there are on the roads and need to be caught.

Why have you seen some erratic driving and you assume the drives are under some sort of substance in their systems ? Yes there could be a smattering of drink /drug drivers, but there could also be some people who just cant drive at all!.

For example I was coming along Drake Street towards the traffic controlled section of the roadworks near the Metro works. There are signs clearly saying no right turn from Drake Street towards the Railway Station, yet people are unable to read and were turning left.

As I have said before from what I observe the levels of driving/drivers skills leave a lot to be desired in Rochdale. Yes I do see stupid things in other areas but as I drive a lot in Rochdale I do see a lot more silly and stupid driving.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Chill37 wrote:

There are signs clearly saying no right turn from Drake Street towards the Railway Station, yet people are unable to read and were turning left.

Good job I know you Chill Laughing If there was no right turn...then they had no choice but to turn left Shocked Strangely enough I know what you meant!
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Charly wrote:
Chill37 wrote:

There are signs clearly saying no right turn from Drake Street towards the Railway Station, yet people are unable to read and were turning left.

Good job I know you Chill Laughing If there was no right turn...then they had no choice but to turn left Shocked Strangely enough I know what you meant!

doH!! Yes when I was composing my message I put left. But I meant to type right, so I edited my post but didnt change it all corectly....oh dear. Well it was early when I posted. But Im glad you got the giist!

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

After seeing some of the driving last Sunday in Rochdale I think a few need to be tested from the night before in some cases.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:17 pm

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Leaving the scene of a serious accident isn’t bad driving it is a criminal offence. I think the charge is more to do with getting a serious sentence for this maniac.

TP. Why not assist the police and report the vehicle number of these Sunday drivers.

Reminds me of the old story “I’ve never had a bad accident but I’ve seen loads in my rear view mirror”

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 am

Attemped murder in my books.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 am

teamplayer2 wrote:After seeing some of the driving last Sunday in Rochdale I think a few need to be tested from the night before in some cases.

Not just Sundays , more over everyday.

What irks me a lot as well is people who are colour blind (ie not see double yellow lines) and park on them with their hazard lights on, Blocking the flow of traffic with their actions.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Old Regulator wrote:Leaving the scene of a serious accident isn’t bad driving it is a criminal offence. I think the charge is more to do with getting a serious sentence for this maniac.

TP. Why not assist the police and report the vehicle number of these Sunday drivers.

Reminds me of the old story “I’ve never had a bad accident but I’ve seen loads in my rear view mirror”

I have reported a car before now but by the time the police have arrived the vehicle has gone. It is a problem of trying to get the police if you want to report a vehicle but the police cannot be everywhere. They can only turn up in an emergency and if a life has been lost at most. Trouble is Old Regulator that is the time when you can get the police if there is a very serious accident that happens involving one of the bad drivers.

Like most of the time a serious accident has to happen, but I doubt if the real bad drivers really care who they may kill through their stupid driving.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:37 am

sorry TP you are watching too much cops and robbers on TV. there is a new phone number for reporting 'minor' crimes, NOT 999, and an E-mail to the below will always be responded to. we police ourselves in this country and long may it remaine.

Rochdalesouthpartnership@gmp.police.uk

and instead of mocking what some fools call 'plastic cops try talking to one next time you speed past, community officers are doing a great job.

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 am

Who said I mocked the Community Police officers Old Regulator? Also I have reported crime. and I do not watch most of those cops and robbers shows on the tv. So where did you assume all this then?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down