Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you don't like 'maths', pass on this one.

+5
past it
Hinch
Chill37
southernbelle
Atlas
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If you don't like 'maths', pass on this one. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you don't like 'maths', pass on this one.

Post  Atlas Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 am

johnb wrote:Have you considered a points bypass?

No. Elucidate. Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

If you don't like 'maths', pass on this one. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you don't like 'maths', pass on this one.

Post  Atlas Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 am

teamplayer2 wrote:RESISTANCE OF CURVES.
Curved track increases the resistance of trains in direct proportion to the shortness of curvature. In European railways, the character of the curves is nearly always denominated by the length of radius: in this country, a railroad curve is described as of so many degrees. The degree of a curve is determined by the angle subtended at its center by a chord of 100 feet. To those who think of a curve by its radius, it may be well to explain that a curve of one degree has a radius of 5,370 feet, and the radius of any curve can be ascertained by dividing these figures by the number of degrees.

Now try working it back. And the moon is made of green cheese. Thank you for that teamplayer2. I will now go and find a dark room.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 am

You started it Atlas. Now do you understand it? lol! cheers . Could you explain it to me. affraid I only like going on the trains Shocked Laughing
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 am

Try reading my first post - then answer it (if you like maths). The question was an answer to a problem i.e. a solution NOT a formula towards a solution. If you haven't got the answer/solution - the rest is academic. Typical PR volunteer answer if I may say so. All talk but very little action and definately no solution or movement in that direction. Sad Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Did read your first post. So what is the problem. bounce Smile
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Atlas wrote:Try reading my first post - then answer it (if you like maths). The question was an answer to a problem i.e. a solution NOT a formula towards a solution. If you haven't got the answer/solution - the rest is academic. Typical PR volunteer answer if I may say so. All talk but very little action and definately no solution or movement in that direction. Sad Very Happy

Atlas: Sorry to read on another thread that you have had problems with Piles playing you up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:22 am

You're so kind MJ to show your sympathy for my predicaments. Who luv's yer baby. Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2