Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The elections: Candidates pitches

+7
Poppyanna555
Mulldog
Atlas
Prudence Tempered
davelee
Manc
Hinch
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The elections: Candidates pitches - Page 2 Empty Re: The elections: Candidates pitches

Post  Atlas Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 am

Yea. Right on baby. - - - Or should that be 'Left on'. There's a teaser?  Wink Wink Wink Wink 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

The elections: Candidates pitches - Page 2 Empty Re: The elections: Candidates pitches

Post  Old Regulator Mon May 19, 2014 2:28 pm

The Castleton Stakes.

To all my ex RO punters apologies for the late running of betting for this spectacular outing.

The truth of it, well as near the truth as I am prepared to admit, is that the race this time out is too close to call.

All my usual stable tips, gathered in the usual hostelries, are void of a good banker.

It is again this time a race with 4 runners, the vintage Con, the new kid Lab, and a 2nd time out Lib Dem, with an Ind ex Lib Dem/Lab/ind runner who has won at least the last 3 times out.

So the Con a steady runner who has run ever since Honest Salty was a lad and has finished 3rd (except when a certain Ind stood in 2010, no names no pack drill). 5to 1
The Lab, new runner with no track record. 5 to 1
The Lib Dem, 2nd time out and local yearling 4 to 1
The Ind, a runner who has won for 3 races but changed stables (has an experienced trainer ex Lib Dem Con who knows the going) 5 to 1

So for what it is worth, and quite frankly I don’t give a dam, the race is wide open.

At least Matron and I can vote and have a pint after as our polling station is Woollies Club.

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue May 20, 2014 6:32 am

Put me a tenner on the nose on the nag most likely to put his conscience and his desire to put the punters before the party whip please Frank. If no promising mount, put the money in the charity box for the Distressed Jockeys Fund.

Hinch will be away on personal business for a few days but will be studying the results with interest; particular those of the jockey with the purple and yellow colours who, according to off-track gossip in my local, is heavily tipped to make a good showing whether or not the going is hard or soft. 2-1 on them seeing off the jockeys in the yellow rosettes.

Also looking forward to hearing the outcome of the heated discussions in the red weighing room in a few weeks time and hoping for some major changes in their current handicap.

See y'all.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Tue May 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Pity 'None of the above' is a non-runner.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 am

Whilst Hich is 'away' might I suggest we post as many ribald comments as possible? Give the old bugger something to do when he returns to the fold. Wink Wink Wink Very Happy 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat May 24, 2014 12:53 am

Well? So how did it all go then? Are we about to take off on a new lease of life up there in the Dale???
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed May 28, 2014 9:05 am

Nah dont be silly ,but if you read certain FB pages Rochdale is now in the Golden Age.  Where people who mention litter are a disgrace to the town, or if you dare to shop elsewhere you are 'bling' chasers responsible for bringing the apocolypse to our town .  But its ok for the 'owners' of said FB page to go elsewhere- such as Hebden Bridge.  But if you say you too enjoy going to Hebden Bridge- you get nasty emails/PM accusing you of being disrespectful and dis loyal.  List goes on.

But in regards to the pitches of cllrs who have now been elected. I will be bringing to task the new Labour Cllr for Milnrow/Newhey on his claims that he wil sort out Coral Mill.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Wed May 28, 2014 9:14 pm

My new Councillor sounds like a Womble. She loves litter  Laughing 
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu May 29, 2014 7:56 am

Mulldog wrote:My new Councillor sounds like a Womble. She loves litter  Laughing 

LOL

Well our streets will be clean in no time!

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 am

Hinch wrote:   I hope leadership election is interesting. I think change is called for and RF seems to be the only real contender.    

Farnell to challenge Lambert for leadership

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/87376/farnell-to-challenge-lambert-for-leadership  

jocolor  After the recent local elections Lambert was reported to have stated, “If we weren’t liked, we would not have gained seats and kept our existing seats;  jocolor
a profound leadership analysis, or what  ....

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu May 29, 2014 12:10 pm

This (leadership challenge) been circulating for a while now.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Thu May 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Chill37 wrote:
Mulldog wrote:My new Councillor sounds like a Womble. She loves litter  Laughing 

LOL

Well our streets will be clean in no time!

Hums "Underground, overground...."  Laughing 
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum