Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election arguments

2 posters

Go down

Election arguments Empty Election arguments

Post  cyfrifia Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:12 pm

The main parties are sloganising at each other and blathering statistics. The question, what is six times seven? usually stops them for a while.

Today as usual it's the NHS and conflicting statistics, which are all irrelevant unless you take population growth into account. So many more doctors and so many more nurses doesn't mean anything if it's not in proportion to the number of patients. To cope with recent population growth, the entire NHS and all its' services needs to be expanding at the very least at the same rate as population.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Election arguments Empty Re: Election arguments

Post  Atlas Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Or alternatively more 'not needy' patients should be turned away and made to find alternative treatments. Fines should be introduced for those with self-inflicted injuries - i.e. boozed up week-end idiots. If your not dying don't come in. End of. Mad Mad Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Turning the NHS into the 'dying rooms' is not an ideal that appeals. As for the binge drinking culture, that does affect the NHS massively, but perhaps needs dealing with as a separate issue. When police deal with late night town centre drunks, it needs a change of culture and rules of engagement, they are far too matey and indulgent with them, police need to be less tolerant of abuse and deal with drunks who are a danger to themselves and others quickly, firmly, and fairly.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 pm

You shouldn't take me literally. Unless you are really ill and cannot find alternative treatment was what I meant. There's far too much use made of the A&E for what could be otherwise treated elsewhere. It's far to easy to phone 999 because your cat has gone missing. Etc. etc.
I would 'fine' anyone treating our emergency services with disdain or contempt. Likewise with self-inflicted injuries as previously described. I would cut-out 'all' cosmetic surgeries for the sake of 'cosmetics' and all and any surgical procedures not of immediate health value. It is primarily an emergency service and ongoing health treatment facility and unless we get back to what it was originally intended to be used for there will never be sufficient funds or people for it to operate properly. It's time to get tough and educate some of our less caring population. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 am

After the election and the fantasy politics involved, a government will have to get down to dealing with realities.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:10 pm

After the election you will get two years of chronic pain. After that it will tail off towards the next election 2020 when - hey presto - rabbits coming from hats by the shed-load. And onwards.

After the election it doesn't matter. It's just now - before - that you will get all the crap. The promises. The intentions. The maybe's.

I've been saying on here, and elsewhere, for the last 6 years that we will not be done with things until the debts are paid off and the economy recovers to reasonable levels. You can promise shit in gold cups if you want. It means nothing. Reality makes it so. You cock things up. You pay the piper. We voted in a set of clowns who didn't KNOW what was happening. If they don't know? Who in the hell was supposed to?   All far too late now.   Pay up. Get the boat on an even keel. And hope we can eventually get some people who will KNOW what they are doing in order for us all to have a reasonable cut of the cake.

But I'm not holding my breath.  Certainly not at my age anyroad. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Crying or Very sad Mad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 pm

[quote="Atlas"]After the election you will get two years of chronic pain. [/quote]

Mad

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Inevitable. We have to knock off 100 billion pounds from our annual budget OR add 100 billion from productivity, savings, etc. There is no magic pill.
Failure to do that will mean our great grandchildren will be old before things even out.
Better to rip the plaster off rapidly than tease around it until the arm drops off.
We, the people, didn't make this mess - but we did contribute to it by indolence and apathy. Perhaps before the next time we might just read our history and learn some lessons. Although I doubt it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Shocked Sad Surprised
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Pity we have a cold and rainy climate, or else we could live on the beach eating fish and coconuts.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Coconuts!  Wi my teeth? Is the fish fried or grilled? And what about all that infra-red radiation? Have you thought that one out properly or are you just winding me up 'cause it's Sunday?  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down