Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

+5
Spartacus
Hinch
cyfrifia
Poppyanna555
UP THE DALE
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji Empty A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 am

http://coveblueforjiyu.com/2012/11/01/taiji-dolphin-hunters-reach-new-low-as-they-have-enough/

Initially they had two separate pods. They could have set one pod free and still had enough to kill. Instead the heartless greedy bastards decided to chase both pods into the killing cove, and mix the two pods. Then they picked out the largest of the whales, to butcher.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji Empty Re: A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:57 am

Absolutely sickening! I have signed the petition and shared with my friends.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji Empty Re: A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 am

Well done.

One of the pilot whales returned to sea, has been found dead floating in the bay. As yet no telling how many of the others have died, or will do due to what they were put through.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:26 am

Perhaps the dolphin killers could learn some compassion from these people. Money has been diverted from schemes to help victims like these by the government to help finance the illegal Japanese whale hunting programme and to take on Sea Shepard.

http://dolphinproject.org/blog/post/enson-inoue-and-ric-help-fukushima-victims
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:35 pm

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 am

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:24 am

The dolphin hunting is sickening, but, as in the parable about specks in the eye, we do tend to get stressed about cruelties in faraway places, the amount of animal cruelty that goes on in the UK is pretty bad as well. We really ought to sort that out.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I am involved in campaigns against all sorts of animal and human abuses, as are many who are trying to highlight the Taiji situation. Very few people know about the dolphin hunts and killings, but the abuses at "home" are well reported on. I posted on here to give information that the vast majority of people would otherwise not get to know about.

The meat from these pilot whales and dolphins is highly toxic, yet still fed to children, though dolphin, whale meat consumption is going down, due partly to the campaign against the drive hunts of Taiji. Also there is the campaign against captivity/imprisonment of these fine intelligent mammals which funds the dolphin and whale hunts, that would otherwise not be viable.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:55 pm

UP THE DALE wrote: I posted on here to give information that the vast majority of people would otherwise not get to know about.

Yes, of course, U.T.D. well done and no problem with that. Animal cruelty here in the UK is reported on to an extent, but the fact that it goes on to be reported on tells it's own story. Video of what goes on in uk slaughterhouses is particularly worrying, it seems the authorities that are supposed to monitor it, and some of the people that work in that trade become de-sensitised to cruelty.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:02 pm

I think you'd HAVE to become densensitised to work in one.

My dad's first job was in the old Co-op slaughterhouse off Smith Street. In those days, slaughtering cattle was really horrific. No stunning or captive-bolts in those days.

My dad had to pull the head forward by the ears whilst the slaughterman pole-axed the poor beast. You can well imagine some of the botch-ups.

My dad quit after less than a week.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Reminds me of a book I read, 'The naked island' by Russell Braddon.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 pm

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 am

Two pods where chased last night. One managed to escape, the other was not so lucky. Eight Risso dolphins were driven into the cove including a mother and baby (approx 2 months old). Four were brutally slaughtered. The mother and baby were awaiting their fate about an hour ago.

Heartbreaking.

Sad

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am

As is the fact that around 21000 children died yesterday around the world. It's a tough world and there is very little I can do about it. If I think about it too much, it gets on top of me.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Spartacus wrote:Two pods where chased last night. One managed to escape, the other was not so lucky. Eight Risso dolphins were driven into the cove including a mother and baby (approx 2 months old). Four were brutally slaughtered. The mother and baby were awaiting their fate about an hour ago.

Heartbreaking.

Sad

I agree Spartacus. These killers have no honour at all.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Dalelad wrote:As is the fact that around 21000 children died yesterday around the world. It's a tough world and there is very little I can do about it. If I think about it too much, it gets on top of me.

Yes it's a disgusting world in which allows thousands of children to die every day. Perhaps a new thread, about unnecessary deaths of children world wide could be started, I will gladly contribute.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:
Dalelad wrote:As is the fact that around 21000 children died yesterday around the world. It's a tough world and there is very little I can do about it. If I think about it too much, it gets on top of me.

Yes it's a disgusting world in which allows thousands of children to die every day. Perhaps a new thread, about unnecessary deaths of children world wide could be started, I will gladly contribute.

I agree with what you both are saying.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

I am sad to say the mother dolphin was killed, her calf (pictured) and a juvenile dolphin were then dumped at sea where they will not be able to survive without their mothers.

[img]A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji Calf10[/img]

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Poor baby, killing it too would have been kinder than throwing it out to sea with no means of survival, heartbreaking!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Evil sick bastards, is what they are. The baby has no chance of survival, but these cruel monsters do these type of things with that knowledge. I honestly think people like this are no better than child murderers, fox hunters etc. This is NOT hunting for survival, it's hunting for greed like those who kill rhinos or other animals for the sale of their body parts. The dolphin meat is not even safe for humans to eat. All of this would stop if things like dolphin shows stopped, as it's the selling of dolphins that subsidise the hunting. And YES I do think the life of animals is worth the same as humans. Animal abusers very often turn into child abusers.

https://youtu.be/88XK_ffMbXA
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Music prayers? Deary me...

Maybe we could start a thread on that?
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Best to be viewed with sound turned off.

The thread is about the dolphin slaughter , and that's what the video is about, so no need to start a tread about it. Surprised you are still following a thread you don't care about.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:Best to be viewed with sound turned off.

The thread is about the dolphin slaughter , and that's what the video is about, so no need to start a tread about it. Surprised you are still following a thread you don't care about.
That's your OPINION. Maybe I don't think completing online petitions will make any difference. If we all stop using anything made in Japan then things may change but that ain't going to happen. The world wants computer chips more than it doesn't want disgusting slaughter of dolphins and whales unfortunately.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 am

http://www.examiner.com/article/commentary-on-a-bloody-killing-season-taiji?cid=db_articles

"“Don't mistake the return of the baby and juvenile to the sea as misguided kindness; the dolphin hunters are completely aware the young dolphins will die. Despite issuing this death sentence at sea, using their twisted logic, the hunters will undoubtedly claim they don't kill babies. Had they killed the young ones, they would have had to count those bodies as part of their quota and the cold facts are that a baby dolphin doesn't have enough flesh to make its murder profitable.”
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next