Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

+5
Spartacus
Hinch
cyfrifia
Poppyanna555
UP THE DALE
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji - Page 3 Empty Re: A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

Post  UP THE DALE Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 am

Good news from Taiji as the dolphin killers have returned without any dolphins today. The Cove remains BLUE. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=134398170043755&set=a.109285729221666.19580.109164785900427&type=1&theater
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji - Page 3 Empty Re: A new low for the dolphin killers of Taiji

Post  UP THE DALE Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Today is a Red Cove Day. Fairly large pod driven into the cove and butchered in the early hours of this morning.

I am sickened with the brutality of the people taking part in this massacre. Shame on them.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Yes very bad indeed. Pure greed and savagery. They have no shame, and have no honour. And they lie about it being "tradition", it's a fairly recent practice.

I admit to being unable to watch the live streaming. 13/15 dolphins slaughtered. So sad for the dolphins, but at least there are no "survivors" thrown back to the ocean to die in pain after seeing their family members murdered, and none having to live a shortened life of hell as a prisoner in a horrible sea park, "trained" by sadistic trainers feeding them dead fish and watched by the ignorant public.

There are others who make a very good living out of dolphin tours etc, who have previously been fishermen or dolphin hunters.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

BLUE COVE DAY Very Happy Very Happy Tues 20th November 2012. The only loss today is the loss of banger boats fuel Smile
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gts6zsQZAEk This is a video that shows the horrors of the elephant ivory trade, but shows fantastic humans rescuing a baby elephant. These are the complete opposite to all those involved in the dolphin trade including the dolphin parks and killers etc, also the ones involved in the ivory trade.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:33 am

Do you ever sleep UTD?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Smile
When I try to sleep at say 10pm/11pm I get get to sleep. Usually by 2 or 3 in the morning I manage to sleep. End up having short naps during the day. Will have to change when I go back to work, and I am up at 6-15 in the morning. AT the moment it's a case of late to bed late to rise. Besides better telly late at night. Smile
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Do you think that posting links on here every day will actually make a blind bit of difference, UTD?
If not what is your motivation? Just interested.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Yes I do. The more that the information gets around, the more likely there will be pressure brought on to end the practice. It's well known the use of sites like this, and the use of social media and email etc is a good way of widening campaigns. I know there are some message board users/readers who before I posted about it did not know about the drive hunts, and the link between the captive dolphim industry and the slaughtering of the dolphins at Taiji.

Since the film The Cove, the sale of the toxic, mercury laden dolphin meat has dropped massively within Japan, and there have some countries that have made it illegal to import any more dolphins etc from the wild, and some are actually banning captivity of dolphins altogether.

Also for those that are interested it's just providing updates for their information.

http://www.thecovemovie.com/
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Up the Dale's posts have certainly made a difference.

I am more informed than I was because of them and have become involved in the tweet4taiji campaign on twitter.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes, I agree with Spartacus. I too have been enlightened by his posts and have also signed up to the cause, every little helps.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks Spartacus and Poppyanna. The more the merrier getting involved, or becoming enlightened. Hopefully we can all get people recruited to the cause, by emailing, and sharing on social media sites etc. It DOES make a difference, although it takes a long time to get results. Every little does indeed help.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Good stuff. I hope you are right. I don't think that things will change overnight but you never know. The internet has given so many people and causes a voice now but there's a danger of cause overload I think. I signed one petition the other week and now I'm getting regular emails asking for my e-signature from causes all over the place. Making it so easy to sign petitions on line dilutes the effect I think.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 am

Of course you are right, there is that danger. You are right things will not change overnight, it's a long battle, but eventually the trade will end and so will the drive hunts.

Taiji looks to be such a beautiful place, it would be perfect for dolphin tours and other eco tourism.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am

They have a pod of pilot whales trapped in the cover at this moment. You can hear the killers laughing. Totally disgusting and heartbreaking!

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 am

And also people are finding out they're dying, women are being raped, children are starving, people are being bombed, children are being abused, animals are being eaten by other animals. It goes on and on and on.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 am

True Dalelad.

We do not have to pass through this world quietly without comment.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:33 pm

I find it hard to know which cause to choose to campaign for. Once you accept you can make a differerence, then there's an overwhelming number of them come crowding in for your concience's attention.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Certainly is and you have to be careful not to let things take over your life or harm your health.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Yes, we need to do that. As for animals eating animals and the world of nature generally, we can be thoughtful of that sort of issue in managed environments, but the real concern of humans should be human behavior. With human population at a high, the pressure on the natural world is massive. Australia has just declared some huge marine nature reserves.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 pm

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aqualung Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Whyfor dere be all dis fuss 'bout a few ole' dead fish when yo' tink of all de chillen' bein' killed in wars roun' de world or jess wastin' away wid starfashun an' dat ole' AIDS tingie?i?

Me ain my fren' Irene we go on dis Royal Caribeen crooze to de South Seas a fe years back innit. We do de overnighter in Yokohama wheer dey do dis lovely sushi banquet. Dere wuz whale ain dolfin meat on it. De whale wuz a bit rubbery but de dolfin wuz very tasty. Dey had some shark a'nall but I not try dat one. I did buy de nice bracelet made wid de baby shark teeth. I had it longtime till de boyfren' at de time leave sudden like takin' all dey goddamned joolry wid him alond wid de credit cards ain de new pop-up toaster whut Cousin Sylvia gave me oncet.

Doan git me wrong. At de end of de day dey is all God's creetures but a lot of folk dey is appalled dat we tink nuttin' of eatin' pig meat or de lobster live from de tank tingie.

My uncle Ellory him work in de slawterhouse back home. He tellin' me dat if you knew whut go on in dem places, yo'd niver eat meat agin. Him say dat sho' 'nuf but it not stop him bringin' de nice joint home undeer him coat fo' de weeken' roast.

I hates de though o' cruelty ain dere is o much grief ain sufferin in de whole worl'.

My aunt Nargis she a stric' vegetarian but she like to eat fish ain jess a bit o' turkey at Crissmus jess as long as it sliced wafer-thin innit.

I not sho' bout dis blue cove an de red cove tingie but I s'pose de po' fishermens is entitled to make de honest livin'.

De ting whut make be pure sick is dem men in dat ole' Canida batterin' dem baby seels fo' to make a coat fo' de missus. De coat lookin' far better on de seels I's a tinkin'.

Dat's my opinnon anyhap.
Aqualung
Aqualung

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Way Hay!!!!! Glad you're back Aqua, long time no hear from you, I thought you might be in some foreign prison somewhere by now!
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next