Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firemen bricked!

+5
UP THE DALE
Atlas
cyfrifia
Jeanie
Poppyanna555
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Firemen bricked! Empty Firemen bricked!

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Firemen extinguishing wheelie bin fires in Deeplish were ambushed and bricked tonight.....hmm, sounds familiar, happened near me too. Evil or Very Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Firemen bricked! Empty Re: Firemen bricked!

Post  Jeanie Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Just disgusting and so damned sad this kind of attitude to our emergency services is vile Mad
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:10 pm

Attacking firefighters with bricks bottles knives and stones is what the social workers call a 'recreational activity' amongst the underclasses. Often a fire is lit in a difficult cul-de-sac type location, the fire brigade called and ambushed. There are hundreds of these attacks every year in the north of England alone. The underclass enjoy this form of entertainment. Those who are caught are usually given community service, which further amuses them. The best way forward with this problem may be to consider a marker of some kind, to inform potential employers, girlfriends etc of the type of person they are dealing with. Either a note on their computer record, or preferably a huge compulsory and indelible tattoo across the forehead saying 'underclass' in large letters, to be visible from a distance would be helpful.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Well said Cyfrifia, we are still having wheelie bins dragged into our local woods and set on fire by our local 'toe-rags', unfortunately if a householder requests a replacement wheelie bin they are now charged for a replacement if it happens more than once, and this is through no fault of their own. They set these bins on fire whilst they huddle around the blaze smoking their 'skunk'.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:31 pm

It has been pointed out to me that a huge tattoo saying 'underclass' across the forehead may be a disadvantage in life for someone who may later become a reformed character and good citizen. If the tattoo is done slightly to one side, they could later have it modified at very little expense to say 'Wunderclass'. So, that shouldn't be a problem. Smile

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 am

Laughing
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 am

Time the firefighters were given permission to turn thier hoses on the scotes. A little green indelible dye added wouldn't go amiss. Try telling the coppers why your face and hands are bright green for a month. Oh if only! Evil or Very Mad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 am

Good idea.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 am

The incident is reported on teletext so the rest of the country know how clever and brave the youths of Deeplish are!
I just wonder if they would be so clever and brave if they were stuck in a burning building and the fire crew were risking their own lives to get them out.

Hang on...I bet they never thought of that!

And now its just been read out on the news Mad
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

Back in the mid 90's my dissertation was entitled "Is there such thing as an Underclass?" Needless to say my own initial findings at the time have been completely borne out as we reach 2013. The Underclass has almost become the Majority Class.
I'm not really a political person but I know thirteen years of the last Government certainly helped accelerate and exacerbate this situation.
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am

Last edited by J on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Terrible act of vandalism and thuggery, BUT this was a MINORITY of the youth of Deeplish, so I hardly think that the rest of the world will think the youth of Deeplish are all vandals and thugs.

Mully said "I'm not really a political person but I know thirteen years of the last Government certainly helped accelerate and exacerbate this situation."

Where is the evidence of this? I had many disagreements with the last government, but I certainly don't believe they were at fault for increasing this type of criminality, and or poverty, in fact they introduced measures to help combat poverty, like the minimum wage, tax credits, sure start etc.

As for underclass, often people involved in such crimes are not in poverty, sometimes they are on good salaries and relatively well off, for example in the Manchester riots many of the thugs had good jobs, many football hooligans have good jobs, in fact very well paid investment bankers have been convicted football hooligans. And what about the "Eton Rifles" type hooligans who often smash things up after a couple glasses of plonk, are they Underclass? The vast majority of people in poverty are not involved in criminal activity.

Or are you saying anyone involved involved in criminality is Underclass? This would include MPs, bankers etc.

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Charly "I just wonder if they would be so clever and brave if they were stuck in a burning building and the fire crew were risking their own lives to get them out.

Hang on...I bet they never thought of that!"

Agree. These thugs are too stupid to realise this
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Cyfina said "Attacking firefighters with bricks bottles knives and stones is what the social workers call a 'recreational activity' amongst the underclasses."

I haven't heard any social worker ever say this. Probably urban myth that this has ever been said. Did you get this from the Daily Mail or The Sun?
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:Did you get this from the Daily Mail or The Sun?

I was listening to some old Tony Hancock radio programmes, it's affected my writing style. Rolling Eyes

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Surprising, I thought it was the style of the Daily Mail or Sun.

So did a social work say it, or did you just make it up?
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I guess Tony Hancock made it up, did he write his own scripts?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 pm

So it was from Hancock? I have no idea, if he wrote his own stuff, probably some of it. Now whether it was a direct quote from a social worker or just made up maybe is a good thing to find out. But IF anyone actually said it they were wrong. No excuse for such thuggish behaviour. Most people in poverty are law abiding. Doubt a social worker would say those things now, maybe they would in the 50's or 60's.

It still sounded like something the Mail or Sun would say. Very Happy
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Hang on UTD, you are making a meal of my literary influences, I was paraphrasing a part of an ancient Tony Hancock script, not repeating it word for word. Some of Hancocks' humor was incredibly dry, and he worked with Sid James, a likeable character. My favorite is 'The Blood Donor', but 'The Radio Ham' was good.

Back to the subject, the video Councillor Duxbury linked to shows the brick thrower well enough to help identify. Sadly, your comment "I hardly think that the rest of the world will think the youth of Deeplish are all vandals and thugs" may not be entirely correct.

I always feel sorry for people who are effectively trapped in these areas that get a bad name due to anti-social behavior, once an area gets a bad press it's very hard to turn it around. It only takes a few anti-socials to make an area hellish to live in.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:13 pm

There is a marked difference between the "Underclass" and "People Living in Poverty". Even though they are intrinsically linked they are not the same thing. UTD, you appear to be merging the two?

“The progressive tradition of extending new benefits and opportunities to the worst-off has made it next to impossible to address the behavioral difficulties at the bottom of society in their own terms." (Mead)

Last edited by Mulldog on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added quote)
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:Surprising, I thought it was the style of the Daily Mail or Sun.

So did a social work say it, or did you just make it up?

• believe you would have to regular read Daily Mail or Sun to pin style of

• need to have had dealings with social workers to hear what’s said by them

• you getting real personal to a few members on this Rochdale Talk forum

• you defend Deeplish youth. Good idea is to come walkabout here at nights and make new friends with some

Granada News has today showed Rochdale. Frost and onion bombs are weather forecast

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Not quite as far back in history as Tony Hancock, but in 2008, it was the Fire Brigades Union that said such attacks had become a "recreational activity" with crews facing a daily threat of being ambushed, shot at, stabbed and abused.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7238127.stm

Things have changed a bit since 2008, such attacks may still be basically "recreational" or, perhaps have more of an edge to them now, since the riots and other events.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 pm

cyfrifia wrote:Hang on UTD, you are making a meal of my literary influences, I was paraphrasing a part of an ancient Tony Hancock script, not repeating it word for word. Some of Hancocks' humor was incredibly dry, and he worked with Sid James, a likeable character. My favorite is 'The Blood Donor', but 'The Radio Ham' was good.

Back to the subject, the video Councillor Duxbury linked to shows the brick thrower well enough to help identify. Sadly, your comment "I hardly think that the rest of the world will think the youth of Deeplish are all vandals and thugs" may not be entirely correct.

I always feel sorry for people who are effectively trapped in these areas that get a bad name due to anti-social behavior, once an area gets a bad press it's very hard to turn it around. It only takes a few anti-socials to make an area hellish to live in.

When you first posted it I did not know it was from a comedy programme, I thought you were directly quoting a social worker, sorry for misunderstanding your post, I will learn to become a mind reader. Smile

When I saw on the television the London riots, I was intelligent enough to realise that it was a relatively small percentage of Londoners who take part in such behaviour-that will be the case with this Deeplish incident, to anyone with any amount of intelligence.

I too feel sorry for the majority of the population of Deeplish having to put up with this relatively small number of thugs, and yes I agree a small number of thugs can make life bad for the majority-shame the police don't do their jobs better to sort out those that are the troublemakers. Other areas have this problem to, not just Rochdale but most towns have areas like these were there are thugs making life a misery for the majority.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Mulldog wrote:There is a marked difference between the "Underclass" and "People Living in Poverty". Even though they are intrinsically linked they are not the same thing. UTD, you appear to be merging the two?

“The progressive tradition of extending new benefits and opportunities to the worst-off has made it next to impossible to address the behavioral difficulties at the bottom of society in their own terms." (Mead)

That's why I mentioned about the "Eton Rifles" type thugs. I remember the 80's well and things then were at least as bad now for no-go violent areas if not worse.

What do you mean about the Underclass?
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum