Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firemen bricked!

+5
UP THE DALE
Atlas
cyfrifia
Jeanie
Poppyanna555
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Firemen bricked! - Page 2 Empty Re: Firemen bricked!

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:shame the police don't do their jobs better

The police, how they work and what they can prioritise, is certainly a big issue. There is such a huge workload for them now. It would seem natural for them to defend fire engines on suspicious call outs, but that doesn't seem to happen. People from all walks of life need arresting and investigating now, from politicians and bankers, show business, the list goes on and on. We already have overcrowded jails and an totally overworked court system. Opinion seems to be that things have been let slide far too long term, and sentences too soft. The London Police are selling New Scotland Yard, and Police commissioners are due to be elected. Should funding the police be a priority, do we want them to be much more pro-active, courts tougher, or, would that be seen as too repressive?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Taz Ali wrote:
UP THE DALE wrote:Surprising, I thought it was the style of the Daily Mail or Sun.

So did a social work say it, or did you just make it up?

• believe you would have to regular read Daily Mail or Sun to pin style of

• need to have had dealings with social workers to hear what’s said by them

• you getting real personal to a few members on this Rochdale Talk forum

• you defend Deeplish youth. Good idea is to come walkabout here at nights and make new friends with some

Granada News has today showed Rochdale. Frost and onion bombs are weather forecast

I am well aware of the style of reporting of those so called newspapers.

If a social worker has said such things please enlighten me. I have dealt with social workers, mainly in a professional capacity, and never heard a social worker say such a thing, but maybe I have been lucky/unlucky not to hear such a thing said.

In what way am I getting personal with members of this forum? If someone posts something I disagree with me, I am entitled to question what they say. People post things often with no foundation. I am sure Admin will tell me the moment I go over the top-not happened yet.

I defend the silent majority of Deeplish people who do not commit such thuggish acts. I and family members of mine have many friends from Deeplish, some of whom I lived near to when I lived there until 1993, and they are very decent people. Do you live in Deeplish, I presume you are not one of the thugs and most of your friends are decent people. I have not defended any thugs/vandals.

Yes it's on the news about this disgusting attack on our brilliant fire-fighters. No idea what you are on about ONIONS.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Nearly 20 years since you lived in Deeplish; much is changed Up the Dale

I found Daily Mail style for you with explanation of the Onion bombs

Giant 'Onion Bomb' firework explodes in faces of two boys, who lose skin and hair in horror accident | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226803/Giant-Onion-Bomb-firework-explodes-faces-boys-lose-skin-hair-horror-accident.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Whilst you are visiting Deeplish UTD you might care to visit Belfield too where thugs bricked firemen after they'd been called out almost every night for 7 nights to put out wheelie bin fires where I live. They didn't stop there, they also bricked a police vehicle in a separate incident and....they are STILL stealing and firing our bins. My guess is that you are probably residing in the leafy suburbs somewhere, come and see what it is really like to live amidst the thick of all this, it might open your eyes.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Taz Ali wrote:Nearly 20 years since you lived in Deeplish; much is changed Up the Dale

I found Daily Mail style for you with explanation of the Onion bombs

Giant 'Onion Bomb' firework explodes in faces of two boys, who lose skin and hair in horror accident | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226803/Giant-Onion-Bomb-firework-explodes-faces-boys-lose-skin-hair-horror-accident.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

You obviously did not read all my post about Deeplish. I and family members still in regular contact with people who live in Deeplish, and I am well aware of the state of Deeplish. It was going downhill way before I left. Noticed you never answered whether or not you live there. Are you suggesting the majority of Deeplish people are criminals, thugs and vandals?

What did the onion bomb have to do with the weather?
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:Whilst you are visiting Deeplish UTD you might care to visit Belfield too where thugs bricked firemen after they'd been called out almost every night for 7 nights to put out wheelie bin fires where I live. They didn't stop there, they also bricked a police vehicle in a separate incident and....they are STILL stealing and firing our bins. My guess is that you are probably residing in the leafy suburbs somewhere, come and see what it is really like to live amidst the thick of all this, it might open your eyes.

Don't really visit Deeplish much. I am aware of terrible Belfield situation, shame that the police don't come down on the vandals and criminals.

You clearly know nothing about me suggesting where I probably live. It's not my fault you have thugs around where you live, equally it's not your fault that we have similar type people on my posh, leafy, millionaire, suburb of Turf Hill. Try directing your anger or sarcasm towards the people who should be sorting out the problems of your area!!
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Just to add, When I leave my posh area of Turf Hill I rather to go to other posh areas like Failing Flats,etc in my chauffeur driven limo. Smile

Last edited by UP THE DALE on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Quote: "Petrol was being thrown on to a fire in the open on Thirlmere Mews, Langley."

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/74901/mindless-idiots-playing-with-fire

With petrol being thrown about, the ambulance service may soon be needed as well as the fire brigade. I wonder if the underclass will attack the ambulance too. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Very stupid thing to do.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Fair enough UTD, maybe I did overreact to what I thought was your 'playing down the incident', I apologise. Of course they are the ' minorities' but for those of us who are constantly on the receiving end of the behaviour doled out by, what seems to be an ever increasing number of those 'minorities', it is a daily battle. Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:35 pm

I would never play down such awful incidents, it's unfair and disgusting that ordinary decent folk have to put up with loutish, thuggery behaviour. Only takes a few bad people to spoil an area for the rest.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 pm

When people are suffering anti-social and criminal activity day after day, the local councillors for that area should also be suffering constant complaints day after day, until they do something about it. Some local councilors hide behind email addresses and answerphones, or knock back requests for help by talking back in an insulting way, or making false promises. Those type must not be allowed to get away with it. They should be made to suffer to the same extent as the people they are pretending to represent. If they don't like it they can resign. sunny

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

[quote="UP THE DALE"][quote="Poppyanna555"]

Don't really visit Deeplish much. I am aware of terrible Belfield situation, shame that the police don't come down on the vandals and criminals.

Actually Belfield Cloverhall,Farm Walk, Beal Crescent, etc is a really nice area to live and there is a very long waiting list for houses the problem is the top half Bellshill for some strange reason they seem to separate themselves which has always been the case I was raised and brought up on Cloverhall Crescent and proud of it lol! .

Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Jeanie wrote:some strange reason

And what is that "strange reason". If there is a reason it will only be "strange" to those who do not understand it.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes UTD, these groups can make peoples lives a misery when it's ongoing, day after day. It is relatively quiet at the moment as we have a camera installed (mainly I believe due to the the rape behind our houses) but it does serve to give us some peace of mind for the moment. It is of course 'on loan' and will be removed and put somewhere else by around Xmas, it is the second camera we have had installed but obviously, we can't keep this indefinitely as there are many areas around the town that are suffering from similar anti-social problems. The sad thing is, the minute the camera is removed these troublemakers re-group (as is what has happened previously as they are never far away) and it is always the same old faces. Our lot have been hanging about for the best part of 5 years, no longer youths but men with nothing better to do than hang around all day and night smoking/dealing drugs and inflicting misery on everyone else.

I don't live on the estate Jeanie but I have met several residents that do live there and are good people. These troublemakers don't come from over there, they live in properties on the opposite side of the road on and around the Belfield Road area but hang around near our properties as I live on a quiet (or should be) back street, very isolated at the back, where their dubious activities can be hidden from public view. Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm

cyfrifia wrote:
Jeanie wrote:some strange reason

And what is that "strange reason". If there is a reason it will only be "strange" to those who do not understand it.

From being raised on Cloverhall I have never understood why the top half Bellshill have never mixed I had loads of friends in both areas so I can't answer your question because I don't understand the reason why there is such a friction !
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 pm

These things can be mysterious, and often go back in time, but someone may know and understand why.

If a video camera is really helping with security and safety, I don't see why it should be taken down, there is no good reason for this 'on loan' policy, it's just a policy. Video surveillance sometimes is very useful, sometimes it's not. If a camera is actually making a neighbourhood safer, it should stay.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Cyfrifia wrote: If a camera is actually making a neighbourhood safer, it should stay.

I am led to believe that it is all about money (or the lack of) according to RMBC.....surprise, surprise!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 pm

[quote="Jeanie"][quote="UP THE DALE"]
Poppyanna555 wrote:

Actually Belfield Cloverhall,Farm Walk, Beal Crescent, etc is a really nice area to live and there is a very long waiting list for houses the problem is the top half Bellshill for some strange reason they seem to separate themselves which has always been the case I was raised and brought up on Cloverhall Crescent and proud of it lol! .

Sorry Jeanie, I meant around the area where Pooppyanna lives, as she had regularly kept us all up to date on here of the awful situation. I am sure every ward has some area in which there is anti social behaviour, even the very posh Turf Hill where I live. Smile
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 pm

A chap I know had the same thing happen, a camera 'on loan' due to vandalism near the house. I don't know the details, but I gather there is a certain amount of policy and twaddle involved in keep shifting these cameras around. Would need to find out more about it.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 am

Poopyanna indeed UTD, you posh people should learn how to spell ...... or did you type that on purpose?! tongue
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 am

The thread mentioning Andrex has got to him Wink
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 am

Poppyanna555 wrote:Poopyanna indeed UTD, you posh people should learn how to spell ...... or did you type that on purpose?! tongue

Flipping eck, just noticed. Typo error, on my part. Sorry about that poops. Laughing
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 am

Charly wrote:The thread mentioning Andrex has got to him Wink

Laughing
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 am

I'll let you off Up The Dole jocolor
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum