Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochdale night life

+9
Spartacus
Chill37
Charly
Pellis94
Poppyanna555
Dalelad
Tinkerbell
Mulldog
cyfrifia
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rochdale night life Empty Rochdale night life

Post  cyfrifia Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm

News item.

Between 2 and 3am September 23rd, an 18 yr old girl, on a night out with friends, stood outside the Dali Bar on Packer Street having a cigarette. A group of people she didn't recognise came up towards her.

One of the group, described as a white woman, early 20s, slim with long blonde hair, about 5ft 9in, in a patterned floral top with no sleeves, tight dark trousers and white shoes, grabbed the girl by the face and throat.

The girl regained conciousness with a searing pain in her right leg, which was bent and twisted. An ambulance was called, she was found to have a dislocated knee, suspected fractured jaw and bruising to her face and neck.

Outside the Dali Bar on Packer Street, that's where a stolen car was driven at high speed into a crowd about a year ago, injuring lots of people.

All sounds pretty dangerous and unpleasant. Cool

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/73910/teenager-attacked-outside-bar

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Rochdale night life Empty Re: Rochdale night life

Post  Mulldog Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Terribly rough down there these days. Any CCTV footage?
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinkerbell Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Too many people coked up to the nines and I don't mean Pepsi.
Tinkerbell
Tinkerbell
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Perhaps they ought to put up signs saying 'Danger- Drugged up Criminals Attack Here' to warn the public who may be unfamiliar with the area.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Same in many places unfortunately, not just here.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Quite so, Dalelad, and most locals will know where to avoid, but sadly, some visitors and innocents will not.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 am

I know this young woman personally, she is an ex neighbour of mine and a lovely girl, she is certainly no trouble monger herself but it has been incorrectly reported in one of the tabloids that there had been a fight. There was no fight, she didn't know her attacker from Adam.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 am

I am the person that was attacked, they have a few things wrong in this article. The police do have CCTV footage but are unclear as to who the girl is, CID took my clothes for forensics & victim support have been visiting, would like to thank people for their support, when this girl is found she will be prosecuted.x
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:45 am

I hope you are on the mend Pellis, it must have been a traumatic experience.
I hope the attacker is found soon and that she gets her just desserts.
People are just going crazy now, I also read of a man approaching a group at Piccadilly station and kicking one of the group twice in the face, completely unprovoked.
I dont know what is happening these days Mad

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/73936/cctv-rereleased-two-months-after-cowardly-attack
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:14 am

Hope you are recovering well, Pellis94.
Would you support the idea of putting up
'Danger- Drugged up Criminals Attack Here'
signs where people have been attacked ?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 am

I too hope you are recovering well Pellis94.

Cyfrifia, what would you hope to gain by getting signs put up? Dont you think this would actually drive people away?

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 am

Yes it's not clear whether it's a good idea, it just seems sad that innocent people can be standing somewhere where people are regularly attacked by drugged up criminals, without knowing it, and nothing to warn them of the danger. In car parks where cars are regularly robbed they put up 'Beware- Thieves Operate in this Area' signs. Whether it does any good or not I don't know.

Same with car accident 'black spots' they used to put up black spot signs. You do still see ' X number of fatal crashes have happened on this road in the last year' signs in some places.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 am

Just a vaild point here, you have latched on to the idea that the lowlife who beat up this young lady were 'drugged up' how do you know?

Untill the Police catch who ever where involved we do not know for sure whether they were drugged up or drunk etc. So the whole sign idea is very wrong.

However, I do agree that it is disgusting that you can't even go out and enjoy a social drink without getting assaulted. Just this week I read there is a new bar opening up however if people read that people are assualted just down the road then it will make them think about coming to Rochdale.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 am

I was going off what Tinkerbell said about drugs. Whether violent, attacking criminals are 'drugged up' or not is something of a side issue, it's about people being attacked in particular places. We can say that it would be wrong to warn people that certain places are high risk of attack, because that would mean less people would go there, making those places more dangerous perhaps? But then not to warn people takes advantage of people's lack of information to place them in danger and use them as a sort of buffer zone to absorb the almost inevitable injuries.
Danger - criminals who may or may not be drugged up attack here on an occasional but regular basis.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 am

Pellis94 wrote:I am the person that was attacked, they have a few things wrong in this article. The police do have CCTV footage but are unclear as to who the girl is, CID took my clothes for forensics & victim support have been visiting, would like to thank people for their support, when this girl is found she will be prosecuted.x

Pellis94: I wish you a good recovery.

Perhaps the girl will be found through a Crimestoppers Appeal. A lot of people who don't know you are concerned about your health and wish you well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 am

i did see that comment, i took it as a generic comment rather then linked to this story.

However I still must disagree with the signs,. As you might as well put on up on the Motorways into any Town and Cities accross the UK along with every street as well. Signs wil not stop criminals of any type committing crimes.

But if you want some signage- how about 'warning police patrolling'

You go on to say you would go on to use these signs to create buffer zones. Surely this would instantly create no go areas for members of public? That is totally unacceptable to be honest.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 am

I think you misunderstand my meaning there , Chill37, so the conversation is going adrift, but never mind.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:28 am

Sorry if I seem to missing your point. I have read your posts that you wish to see signs put up everywhere there has been a mugging/assault , to warn visitors or residents of the borough of the crime area so they may make an judgement as to whether they actually enter the area. Ergo this would make instant no go areas.

For example. as per your post, a sign would be needed to be put up opposite the Wheatsheaf Centre on Yorkshire Street as a serious assault took place a few years ago on that spot. So there fore people would choose not to go to Yorkshire Street and the shops there. So it is a very impracticle idea and starts creating no go areas.

So if i have mis-read your comments and if I have mis-read your posts please explain again your view point in the way it is meant to be read.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm

I suppose it's a matter of discretion. Signs do go up, such as 'Beware pickpockets are operating in this area'. You wouldn't want signs marking places where violent assaults took place years ago, but in somewhere like where we are talking about, where there have been approximately fifteen casualties of really shocking criminal violence in the same place in the last year, and real danger to life and limb, perhaps it bears thinking about.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:45 pm

I hope the police catch the person responsible Pellis94. I wish you strength to recover from the attack as well as everything you need to put it behind you and move on positively.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:55 pm

cyfrifia wrote:I suppose it's a matter of discretion. Signs do go up, such as 'Beware pickpockets are operating in this area'. You wouldn't want signs marking places where violent assaults took place years ago, but in somewhere like where we are talking about, where there have been approximately fifteen casualties of really shocking criminal violence in the same place in the last year, and real danger to life and limb, perhaps it bears thinking about.

"Beware pickpockets" etc. are carefully worded and not as alarming as the wording of the signs you initially suggested, Cyfrifia. I can however see the point that you are trying to make with regards to safety.

Personally I would like to see more police patrolling the streets and stricter application of existing laws. It was not long since individuals were arrested for being drunk and disorderly and/or using offensive words and behavior. These charges rarely seem to be pressed against anyone these days unless the victim is a police officer.

Last edited by Spartacus on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Indeed Spartacus, I have seen signs similar to beware of pickpockets or remove your sat navs and sucker marks from your windscreen. More common sense.

Yes we really do need more Police on the streets. Walking the beat and not just driving around in their cars. A visable deterent on the streets would make me feel at ease.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 pm

would like to thank everybody for their nice comments, they missed out that the bang to my head caused me too loose hearing in one ear & loss of sensation on one side of my mouth as the nerve that runs through your ear to your tongue was damaged, so yeah just concentrating at feeling better atm haha
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Is fairly carefully worded for the circumstances, I think, Sparky, and should be in big lettering. Maybe drunk and drugged up might be more accurate. Opinions vary on this signage issue, but I do feel sorry for Pellis, sounds like she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Get well soon, take some vitamins, vitamin E is good for healing nerve damage, but it takes a while.

Yes, I think we would all like to see the police on the streets, and anyone disrespecting them with swearing, spitting and threats of violence put in a van, driven to the seaside, loaded into a huge catapult and hurled far out to sea.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:44 pm

cyfrifia wrote:

Is fairly carefully worded for the circumstances, I think, Sparky, and should be in big lettering. Maybe drunk and drugged up might be more accurate.

Worded to cause alarm rather than prevent crime. Where would you put them? All over the planet?

How about "Haven - Sober Law Abiding Residents Wander Here" in places missed by the above?

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next