Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going down the pan (Nile Pan?) again

+7
teamplayer2
Hinch
johnb
cyfrifia
Shaza
Poppyanna555
Charly
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Going down the pan (Nile Pan?) again - Page 3 Empty Re: Going down the pan (Nile Pan?) again

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 am

Agree with that Atlas.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Going down the pan (Nile Pan?) again - Page 3 Empty Re: Going down the pan (Nile Pan?) again

Post  cyfrifia Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

I agree with Atlas and UTD.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 pm

I used to scrub up for half a dozen at a time when I worked in theatre. Boy how the little blighters used to scream when they came round from the anaesthetic.

Can't blame 'em mind!

In those days, they weren't allowed to give 'em Pethadine till they got back to the ward. You could hear 'em screaming all the way up the corridor.

Anyone who tells you it's painless, tell 'em they're talking bollocks... almost literally!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Shaza wrote:
"The Prophet Ibrahim circumcised himself when he was eighty years old and he circumcised himself with an axe."

Rolling Eyes I will now try to think about something completely different.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Now we know why they call it a 'chopper'. Ouch!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm

In my opinion it should be illegal unless it is required for medical reasons. I don't care if it upsets religious teachings or teachers, but it is child abuse. Once someone is 16years old then they can PAY for a private operation, unless again it is required for medical reasons.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 pm

When I was in theatre, all the ones we did were for medical reasons. Usually phimosis which is basically a very tight prepuce (foreskin) that can lead to circulatory, urinary or hygiene problems.

I think that Jews have to be circumcised 8 days after birth. Not sure about other religions.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Do you agree with me Hinch that circumcision for medical reasons, should only be allowed and thus provided for on the NHS, and if someone over the age of 16 wants it done they can pay for it privately?
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Totally, although I strongly suspect that some religious circumcisions are sneaked through as 'medical'.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaza Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Atlas wrote:
Shaza wrote:
Dalelad wrote:Who knows?!

One day it may be possible that this mutilation of infants is banned, as there is no physical need for it, only a perceived command from an unseen being.

Ibrahim is in the holy Bible as well so can someone tell me why it is not religious for all Christians as well.

Because Shaza some of those who I like to think are more 'enlightened' perceive that to assault a child either physically or mentally is an abuse. How may I ask does an eight year old child know whether he/she wishes to be submissive to a 'Gods' will when such a question to one so young and 'unenlightened' is nothing short of laughable? If you wish to move the age of circumcision up to say 16 then perhaps your explanation might make some sense. I would suggest until then it is an abuse of parental power which should be to protect ones children until such times as they are capable of protecting themselves and not subject them to the archaic beliefs of parents or preachers - from whatever religion. Sad

That writing was the explination I found on line not mine own. We were always told it is Allah's will and is to be clean all over for him. I was not thinking it before about child abuse and now I have guilty thinkings it may be.

Shaza

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 am

Surgical procedures for sound medical reasons (I was, my brother wasn't) I can live with. My book tells my reaction when I first pondered the difference and even then at the age of 9 or 10 I was pretty narked I can tell you. A young man's (perhaps misguided) attraction to having a 'complete' appendage is very important as regards looks and size etc etc - and for such things to happen at a time when he has no say in the matter (at that age I wouldn't know about circumcision or 'why') can be very disturbing. No doubt those of a religious bent would have it explained to them (hopefully) in a way that they would accept having already been inculcated into the religion of their parents choice and 'brain dead' thereafter to any other 'way' but for others whose parents wouldn't 'talk' about such things it is not such a simple matter. It's still physical abuse in my book regardless of 'others' wishes or beliefs. I think the above may give you a different slant on this particular topic. Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm

If it's going to be done, there are far less problems when it is done to infants. Almost all Americans are circumcised (allegedly for health reasons) most Britons are not.

There is some research that shows AIDS is transmitted easier via circumcised men.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 pm

johnb wrote:
There is some research that shows AIDS is transmitted easier via circumcised men.

johnb: Wasn't this connected to the African pandemic?

19th International AIDS Conference: Three studies have shown a 60 percent reduction in risk to men of becoming infected with the AIDS virus, but as a public health strategy, it’s fraught with caveats.

There’s also evidence that some people seriously overestimate circumcision’s protective effects, being a potentially dangerous and unintended consequence of campaigns promoting it.

Fourteen African countries are targeted for increased circumcision efforts .... health agencies have set A goal of having 80 percent of males between ages 15 and 49 circumcised by 2015. That would require 20 million circumcisions !

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 am

Fair enough. The above, is to my mind, a 'sound' medical reason, always and providing the facts are proven - but for religious reasons - no. Absolutely and categorically NO.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 am

UP THE DALE wrote:Do you agree with me Hinch that circumcision for medical reasons, should only be allowed and thus provided for on the NHS, and if someone over the age of 16 wants it done they can pay for it privately?

It is provided for under the NHS for the variety of reasons, yet 'back-street,' home-base and other locations continue to be used:

27.11.12 BBC News - Manchester baby boy 'bled to death after circumcision'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20503660

The baby boy’s parents are originally from Nigeria, where circumcision of newborns is religious tradition for Christian families as well.

The medic is on trial on a charge of manslaughter by gross negligence. It seems the parents have no culpability ?

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 pm

They should be up on a murder charge as far as I am concerned. They would surely have known that their very dangerous actions could ultimately lead to death.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Goodluck was born on March 22, 2010, at Rochdale Infirmary and died on April 17, the day after the circumcision, aged 27-days-old.

A terribly sad story.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:54 pm

I agree, very sad. Are the parents not being charged with anything?
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:They should be up on a murder charge as far as I am concerned. They would surely have known that their very dangerous actions could ultimately lead to death.
How on earth have you come to the conclusion the parents would have done this like this if they knew what the outcome would be? You do talk nonsense at times. I don't expect you to agree and you'll probably say that is my OPINION but, for goodness sake...
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Something like 95% of American males are circumcised. Whether we agree or not the procedure is legitimate.

The problem lies squarely with someone acting as a nurse (who in the tribal culture of the people they work with) is by default competent and capable of carrying out the procedure safely.

In dry, western language, this is failure in the duty of care of the practitioner.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 pm

I didn't!!

When I said "they" I meant who ever carried out the procedure. Apparently this nurse, used scissors and surely she should have known that the consequences of something going wrong, COULD mean death. I understood, that someone could be charged with murder, if they knew that death was a possible outcome of their illegal act.

A couple of posts later on I asked If the parents are being charged with anything. The parents should have realised that doing what was in effect a back street circumcision could end up as a serious problem.

Looks like it's you who has talked nonsense this time Exclamation Rolling Eyes
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Is it just me or what or does anyone else think its UTD who is sometimes wrong or is he really Mr Right (with the first name Always) Laughing
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:I didn't!!

When I said "they" I meant who ever carried out the procedure. Apparently this nurse, used scissors and surely she should have known that the consequences of something going wrong, COULD mean death. I understood, that someone could be charged with murder, if they knew that death was a possible outcome of their illegal act.

A couple of posts later on I asked If the parents are being charged with anything. The parents should have realised that doing what was in effect a back street circumcision could end up as a serious problem.

Looks like it's you who has talked nonsense this time Exclamation Rolling Eyes
Whatever. Mr A Right!
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Dalelad you accused me of saying the parents of the dead baby should be charged with murder, when I didn't. You just got it wrong, but you are not decent enough to admit you got it wrong. I am not surprised. At least when I am wrong I admit it.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Charly wrote:Is it just me or what or does anyone else think its UTD who is sometimes wrong or is he really Mr Right (with the first name Always) Laughing

????????????

I am not always wrong but unlike you I will admit it when I am.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum