Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog savaged in Springfield Park dies

+8
southernbelle
Admin
Charly
Atlas
cyfrifia
UP THE DALE
Poppyanna555
Hinch
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dog savaged in Springfield Park dies - Page 2 Empty Re: Dog savaged in Springfield Park dies

Post  Spartacus Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:57 pm

A tiny minority of dogs and their "owners" are a problem.

I am not, neither is my dog, who happens to be a small Jack Russell who drags me along whenever he takes me for a walk.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Dog savaged in Springfield Park dies - Page 2 Empty Re: Dog savaged in Springfield Park dies

Post  Hinch Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 pm

What a touching, heart-warming story TP2. I never realised that you were an animal-lover.

I think I met your brother once. He lived in a trailer-park in Kentucky. Used to play a banjo and 'rassle' alligators for a living. Used to send all his wages to some TV evangelist.

Last edited by Hinch on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 pm

I did have a brother Hinch. Passed a way a few years ago but not my twin.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Have to say TP2, your post really shocked me. I can understand your need to defend yourself from an aggressive animal but to kick a dog's head in whilst wearing steel toe-capped boots and then brag about it years later on an open forum really shocked me.

Violence of any kind turns my stomach, whether 'necessary' or otherwise.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 am

Was not bragging and the thought turned my stomach and still does even today Hinch. I suppose what I was really saying is the owner of the dog gave me no choice and and the dog was attacking me and was well known to attack people. Even when the owner was told on previous occasions about the dog.

I was frightened and had to defend myself. Dog owners cannot moan if someone is attacked by their dog and someone has to defend themselves.

It is like if a child is attacked by a dangerous dog and a parent has to hurt the dog in someway to defend the child. The owner of the dog then cannot cry saying someone has hurt their dog if the dog is dangerous and attacks people. What do you do if a dog is determined to sink its teeth into you intending to cause harm?

You are correct about the violence but owners cannot complain if they cannot keep their dog under control and then their dog gets hurt. Also cannot complain if their dog kills a child or anyone then the dog has to be put to sleep.

I do love animals and had a well kept dog in the past and taken in loads of stray cats over the years. I just wish the owners who cannot control their dogs just do not keep them.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 am

My cat had to be put down a year or so ago after being run over. I was upset for ages. I cannot bear to think of violence such as you describe. Sickens me to be honest.

I am such a softie.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am

I wasn't there and so don't know just how 'intent' this dog was at biting you TP but I would have thought that if the dog was so aggressive and out to 'bite' everyone passing that there would have been many complaints and that the owner would have been taken to task long before your encounter but, from what you describe, the dog was still allowed to roam, even after getting a good kicking from you.

The owners are the one's to blame of course but, are you sure this dog really was hell bent on biting you and everyone else that passed? or could his 'bark have been worse than his bite' as they say?

I must admit your colourful description of this event made me squirm and sounded more than a little 'gung ho'.

I think if I had to negotiate this scenario on a daily basis, my first step would be to ring the Police/RSPCA and report the owners long before it escalated into the situation you have described.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 am

It can be difficult to distinguish between a dog which growls, snarls and rushes towards you with bared fangs to intimidate you, and one which is going to bite. You have half a second to decide which it is.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 pm

I totally agree Cyfrifia but it sounds from TP's description that this wasn't his first encounter with the dog and that he passed the house regularly before he decided to dole out his own form of punishment? Also, from what he describes, the owner was prevented from tackling TP by a neighbour of the owner who, presumably knew the dog well, lived alongside it and wasn't personally concerned by it's 'aggressive' behaviour because it continued to be allowed to roam around in front of the properties.

One encounter with a dog like that would have been enough for me to report the owners.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I'd like to know how the dog could tell if TP was wearing his boots or not, and what happened when he wasn't.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Only teamplayer will know the particular circumstances. His story does sound rather brutal. Would the police would be interested if the dog didn't bite?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:38 pm

I guess it depends whether the Police would have viewed the dog as a public threat depending on where the house was, for example, a busy thoroughfare close to a school? The RSPCA would probably have checked it out though and then there's the Environmental Health Department.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:41 pm

I dont think I would have waited to see if the dog was going to bite me either!
You either react quickly or take the pain.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 pm

I see a young teenage girl died today because of out of control dogs YET AGAIN.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:39 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:I see a young teenage girl died today because of out of control dogs YET AGAIN.

I don't think anyone knows the full story yet, Teamplayer.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

They should have sent in TP2 with his steel toe caps to save on the vet's bill.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2