Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norden Christmas Light switch on...

4 posters

Go down

Norden Christmas Light switch on... Empty Norden Christmas Light switch on...

Post  Ann M Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Just home following the 'official' Christmas Light switch on in the village. Really wonderful to see so many people there.
Would have loved to have stayed for much much longer and enjoyed another glass or two of Mullen Wine but we had the twins with us. A well orgainised and thoroughly enjoyable event attended by several generations.
Great to witness and to be part of. Carols sung by one of our local school choirs, the Salvation Army Band, Christmas stalls in the Bowling Club. Local shops contributing to the message of Christmas.... WONDERFUL.
The village was overflowing with people. Well Done.

Thank you everyone,
A x.

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Norden Christmas Light switch on... Empty Re: Norden Christmas Light switch on...

Post  Hinch Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Great minds think alike Ann. I have just driven through Norden on my way home from the factory via the Baum and was going to start a Norden thread when I got home.

It looked really lovely. The tree looked fab and there were families all out dressed in their wooly hats and winter ganzies enjoying the evening. Many were popping into the shops and they all looked really happy. In a strange way, it looked almost Dickensian and took me back years even though me and Dickens missed each other by a few years!

Norden has a really nice feel to it and manages to retain its village atmosphere. Not a pound shop, phone shop or pawnbroker in sight... though I suspect there may have been a few of the latter in Boz's time.

I may go the The Star tomorrow night for a change, so impressed am I with the locale. Well done to all concerned.

In the words of Noddy Holder; [b]"IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!" (Well... nearly.)
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Norden Christmas Light switch on... Empty Re: Norden Christmas Light switch on...

Post  Ann M Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks for the publicity! santa

....and yet to come....Saturday 222nd at 5pm until 7pm Carol Singing on the park by the old bus terminus (near The Bridge Chippy and The Bridge public house)

Mulled wine, mince pies and loads of festive spirits provide by the local shop keepers and residents.

It all happens here!
Please come along and enjoy some special time with us. rendeer santa rendeer

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 am

Will there be any Muslim hymns too Ann in order to celebrate the rich cultural diversity of the area? Very Happy

I may well pop over with my grandkids. I like the gluwein at the German Xmas markets.

I did pop into the Star yesterday afternoon. One of their 2 real ales was off and everyone was talking about Cyril Smith so last night we went over to Great Harwood to The Victoria instead.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 am

There will be Muslim hymns at a carol service the day after there are Christmas carols sung at an Eid party.

There is a time and a place for multiculturalism and these are not it.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Norden Christmas Light switch on... Empty Norden Christmas Light switch on...

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Methinks that Hinch was injecting a little irony into his comment on Muslim hymns Johnb Laughing
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Please note, the Norden carol singing & mulled wine session is on Sat 22nd Dec, not the 20th.

We must be patient with Ann, she was kicked in the head by her pony as a child and has a steel plate in her head that is showing signs of rust.

Don't worry Poppyanna, JB well knows my sense irony. He is just being particularly JohnB-ish at the moment.

Anyway, Melchior, Balthazzar and Caspar, three wise guys from the Orient will be much in my thoughts at Xmas but bugger the myrrh and frankincense; just give me the gold! (Funnily enough, the Bible doesn't name 'em.)

By the way, I heard today that the Xmas lights in Londo0n's Oxford Street are being sponsored by Marmite this year. Why didn't Norden think of that?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann M Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 pm

You really are a kind gent Hinch, helping a damsel in distress. Manys the time I've been kicked in various parts of my anatomy but hardly felt a thing. Obviously the signs are now becoming apparent! Shocked Laughing

Never the less, when I was at school there were only 31 days in December. How come you corrected me to 222nd ?
Maybe a tad too much Mulled Wine already me thinks. rendeer

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann M Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Dam it!! You've seen your MISTAKE and editted it out. Can't stand cheeky kids! Mad

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Very Happy Smile Laughing
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down