Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The British way

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The British way - Page 2 Empty Re: The British way

Post  Atlas Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:37 pm

I reiterate some of my previous comments. The only alternative is and always will be an extended term of repayments. In the case of Greece - 20 -30 years. One analogy would be British Lend-lease repayments following the Second World War - last repayment to USA made in 2001 - 36 years later.
All throughout that period the British people had to make do with less than was available because of that particular debt repayment (notwithstanding IMF repayments and World Bank in the meantime). Greece has a choice of international pariah status by mass default (in which case it will take years to redeem itself) or go along with the European bankers and pay the piper.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:46 am

Greece seems to be going along with the European bankers, sticking with the euro, and struggling to cope with the many thousands of refugees from Syria.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/97545/why-has-rochdale-been-placed-on-the-front-line-of-europes-growing-migrant-crisis

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:01 pm

I think that should read - Greece (the government) is going along with the EU bailout. Why? Because it's the safest political route for the present Greek politicians to take with out getting booted out - although it may well lead to just that come next weeks confidence vote.
Let's face it - Greece hasn't an option without taking the bull by the horns and going it alone. There isn't a Greek politician with the balls in case it produces population unrest and riots etc etc.
They got themselves into this mess (their politicians that they put in power) and now it's time to pay the piper. It was always thus. And without radical reform to their tax system they will never get out of it. It's up to them. Change or die -. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:07 pm

As regards the refugees - they should give them all registrations and allow them to go wherever they want to go. After all - those are EU regulations so play by them. Just don't give them hand-outs every week. It will sort itself out across Europe in time. Meanwhile those that break the rules/laws (if over 18) - send them back to Libya or wherever they came from as a 'warning to the rest'. Stop fanny-in about -. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Mr. Cameron gives the impression he will not "fanny about", declaring that refugee aslyum seekers must not be allowed to break into Britain.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33945402

Those that do are being sent to Rochdale, and he will not have any living anywhere near him, thankyou.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/97545/why-has-rochdale-been-placed-on-the-front-line-of-europes-growing-migrant-crisis

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Simon says - and I agree with everything Simon says - always did. My mother told me, when I was tiny, she wouldn't buy me, a wooden soldier - unless I did as Simon says -. So I do.

And so would everybody else if they had a brain instead of a cauliflower. Weed then out. Dump the dross. Play the game - until we get a rules change. Then perhaps we might just get some balance to this country's problems. Mad Mad Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:54 am

Balance between north and south of England is missing. Simon Danczuk points out that central government transports asylum seekers away from the south, to the north, to Rochdale and other northern towns and cities, a burden on already overstretched resources.

Is Mr. Cameron hoping migrants will tell others they have been sent to Rochdale? Is this calculated to reduce the 'pull factor' of migration to the UK? He's keeping his own garden nice and tidy, inconvenient or unsightly stuff to be chucked in a lorry and dumped up north, out of sight.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Anything north of Watford is a dumping area. Always has been. Nowt new there.
Make the money in the north then send it to London - as my mother always said.
Doesn't apply any more, the money that is, so instead reverse the traffic and send all the crap north.

Hey ho. Smile Smile Smile Smile Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:43 pm

A dumping area?

king Where are you from?
geek I'm from The Dumping Area.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:53 pm

king So am I.

I am of the opinion that the council will be receiving monies (of some description) commensurate to the amount of 'refuges' provided for the asylum seekers?If not then one has to ask why the council don't 'return' them from whence they came.

Regardless of the above - the North has sufficient empty properties in which to house them should the councils get off their fat arses and CPO where necessary. This of course should have been done yonks ago to house those already on 'waiting lists'. There are 'solutions'. But to exercise them requires joined-up thinking and employees prepared to work towards them. Councils do not provide such useful operatives amongst their compliments. Never did. Never will.

And therefore you end up with what you have. A mish-mash of short-term unacceptable solutions which cause wide spread offence to everyone else. geek geek geek geek geek Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm

geek What's for tea mum?

queen A mish-mash of short-term unacceptable solutions.

geek Oh no, not that again, it causes wide-spread offence to everyone.

queen Well, with your dad working as a tetley tea bag man on a zero hours contract, that's all we've got.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:18 pm

santa So you have two choices. Take them or leave them.

geek But - but that's not a choice Dad!

santa 'Course it is. Dids Cameron says it is - so it must be -?? Musn't it?? elephant
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:45 pm

geek Just wait till I grow up, I'm not going to stay here, eating a mish-mash of short-term unacceptable solutions that cause widespread offence.

king  Good luck son. That's what I said when I was a lad. Pass the brown sauce.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/97584/northsouth-row-over-asylum-seeker-places

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:16 pm

geek Did you say brown or red dad?

king Brown cloth ears. I spend most of my days being crapped on. Might as well spread some more crap on my life whilst I'm eating. And keep away from that red stuff. There's no future in it.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:28 pm

geek  Dad, how do all the asylum seekers get to Rochdale?

king  Mr. Cameron drives them here in a big black van in the middle of the night.

geek Oh! Why?

king Because he doesn't want them at his house.

geek Ah!

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:38 am

king What do yer want to know for anyway?

geek 'Cause information is power.

king Well if yer don't get yer bloody feet off that table I'll inform yer mum then yer will see what 'real' power is - pillock.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2