Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

+13
past it
UP THE DALE
Jeanie
Atlas
keithatrochdale
Spartacus
Aqualung
Mulldog
teamplayer2
Charly
Chill37
southernbelle
Admin
17 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014 Empty Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

Post  Admin Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Rochdale TalkNewsletter No 1 September 9th 2012

Well whata strange week! 7 days ago we didn't even exist and now we have a lively community forum with 40 members, most of whom seem to be active posters. We also have a few 'WATCHING ONES' (WOs) who seem keen to see what we  are up to. I hope that they will pluck up the courage and dip their toe in the water soon.

The stats look really good so thanks to all of you. Had a few queries about adding avatars, signatures plus some of you don't like getting email and phone alerts etc. All of these are default settings that you can alter via Profile on your taskbar and choosing the various menu options.

We want as many old RO posters as we can... especially IRISH who drives usall daft at times but certainly knows a thing or two about getting a heated debate going and tells it like it is. (Or at least how he thinks it is!)

We plan to organise the site into separate categories over the next week or two. Perhaps one each to the different townships?

DO
use the poll features. As well as being fun, they may also be very useful in assessing the public mood as the forum grows and will let the WO's know what we think about things. I am sure that some of the WOs will consist of various 'movers and shakers' who will be interested in what we have to say.

DO tell your friends and family about us and use your social-networking, Twitter, Facebookand contacts list to tell the world about us.

DO try to understand that we really do wish to promote open and free debate but we cannot allow ourself to be a platform for libellers. Our motto will have to be, 'if in doubt, cut it out'.

DO tell us if you have any ideas for features, improving the site etc. This is all very new to us. We will make mistakes so bear with us.

FINALLY...a great thanks to Rochdale Online It has been a great home to us over many years and started with a geeky young man tinkering away with a primitive computer in his back bedroom. We have now left home and have severed the umbilical cord with RO. They have wished us welland I'm sure that you would want us to wish them every success in the future.

Thanks RO. It's been great fun.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks and thanks so much for helping us to get off the launch pad. Onwards and upwards eh?

Idi Admin

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:02 am; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : None of your godamned business!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014 Empty Re: Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

Post  southernbelle Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:22 pm

OOOOO, newsletters too. We HAVE moved upwardly!!
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014 Empty Re: Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

Post  Admin Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:44 pm

We aim to please southernbelle.

I have a feeling that 'weekly' will soon turn out to be something less than that.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:22 pm

A news letter would be good.

Fantastic news that this forum is going from strength to strength.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:20 pm

I think its brilliant that we have 43 members already!
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Quantity as well as quality... arguably!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

44 and rising Very Happy
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 pm

It would be great to get 50 in the first week. There are also some brand new ones so the Facebook stuff is pulling some in.

I see there's even an alleged tatty blond wig-wearer joined us today.

All are very welcome needless to say.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Charly wrote:44 and rising Very Happy

Sounding like my waistline Charly Embarassed
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 pm

And our latest member is no other than our RO daddy himself ... welcome aboard Malcolm Smile
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 am

Wow, how interesting. There are no less than FIVE WATCHING ONES checking us out at the moment.

Don't just stand outside in the dark folks. We won't bite... at least not just yet!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 am

Many thanks for setting up this forum. I was getting withdrawal symptoms when visiting the RO site and was gutted when the forum vanished the other day. I'd even resorted to posting comments on the Rochdale Obby Online such was my boredom.
I looked in on RO today and saw there was a link to a new forum. We are reborn! Hallelujah! Laughing
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 am

Err sorry, Mulldog, have you been rechristened? Dont recognise the moniker.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 am

southernbelle wrote:Err sorry, Mulldog, have you been rechristened? Dont recognise the moniker.

I was/am Mully on the other place. Mulldog is my Twitter and forum handle all over the interwebs so I thought I'd use it here too. pirat
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am

ah, tx! And welcome back!
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 am

Welcome Mully. Sit yourself down and grab a cuppa.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 pm

We just made 50! cheers
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aqualung Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:44 pm

I doan tink yo'll see 60 agin niver mind 50 innit.
Aqualung
Aqualung

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I meant 50 members madame
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 pm

55 members! WOW!

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Ok I'll ask, who is the Admin?
keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Why on earth do you wish to know that?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:Why on earth do you wish to know that?

Why not, do you have something to hide?

I would have thought you would have been proud of this site and want people to know who you are.
keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:26 pm

All the Mods are very proud of it. Particularly so as we got it up and running within about 18 hours of finding out that 'Dick Dastardly' Mr Journeaux was closing down the RO forum. We heard the news last Tuesday evening and by Wednesday afternoon, we had built the forum and got our first few members.

2-3 of us got our heads together, realised that we couldn't face life without the forum and the rest is history.

The reason that Admin and the Mods prefer to cling to our anonymity is that we have to make contentious or unpopular decisions now and then and we don't want to be phoned at home, emailed and continually having to defend our positions as well as getting earache from 'the usual suspects'. (Oh yes, there are PLENTY of those!)

We have broadly the same team of Mods that RO had and we all have got different ideas about what is and what is not acceptable which can make things interesting at times. Let's just say, somehow we manage to work as a group and if you kick one of us, we all limp!

However, we must admit that we are all pleased with the progress of RT to date and glad that it appears to be going down well.

One thing that Journeaux did tell us was how time-consuming running the forums was. Needless to say, we didn't believe him but we have found out VERY quickly that he was telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We hear that the link that RO kindly put up directing ex-members to this site has now been taken down so please advertise us via your social networking links and tell your friends about us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:52 pm

ROCHDALE TALK NEWSLETTER No 2
September 16th 2012

Well, not two weeks old yet and already 58 members. This is great news.

Some users still having problems with settings avatars etc. All I can say is, you can alter just about everything via Profiles page.

Am still playing around with layout. Have given the main townships and areas their own forum to discuss very local issues and also added sections on classified ads, FreeStuff, tributes, hobbies etc. If you think it’s missing something, let me know.

We will be playing around with a few ideas in the next few weeks. Some will work, some won’t.

Still want more former RO Posters to join us. (Where are you Irish and Veritas?) Please advertise us through Twitter, Facebook and your contacts lists. Would particularly like to see the spate of younger Asian posters who joined RO in wake of grooming trial. They seemed to have a very refreshing and informed perspective on community cohesion issues.

Please be a bit wary about releasing too many personal details on FreeStuff as I have heard reports of this being used by would-be burglars to check when you will be at home or not. Also, I really don’t want to get into people using it to find homes for unwanted pets. A bit risky. I will advise anyone posting like this to use Bleakholt, RSPCA, Cats Protection League etc.

Am concerned about disability access issues from unsighted posters. Believe me, I am working on it but have limited control. Am not sure that changing the ‘skin’ will help; in fact, I am sure it won’t. I want everyone to feel welcome on here.

Have had two Chatbox sessions so far. Not sure if these are any use but will stick with them for a month or so to see if there is any demand. The private message facility seems well-used and although I am Administrator there is no way I can log into your message box and read them.

No spammers or advertisers yet though a few emails offering to ‘help’ in this direction but I ignore them.

Mods report

Very brief I’m delighted to say. 1 person temporarily suspended. Cause: username is that of a political party. Suggested he change it as we are not promoting any political party on here whoever they are. I discussed this with the other Mods first and we were unanimous. Am just waiting for him to take appropriate action and change his moniker.

1 post edited. (Content)

1 post removed. (Potential for libel)

All the best for the coming week.

Ida Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next