Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

+13
past it
UP THE DALE
Jeanie
Atlas
keithatrochdale
Spartacus
Aqualung
Mulldog
teamplayer2
Charly
Chill37
southernbelle
Admin
17 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

Post  Charly Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 pm

What has TP done to displease the Admin?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Read the latest Newsletter posted January 26th 2014

Post  Admin Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:50 am

Wow. I'm not quite sure what it means but we've just got top spot for a forum in our category with 1858 points.

Thanks to all concerned. The world truly is our lobster!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

Charly wrote:What has TP done to displease the Admin?

I can't do with the one word, 'whatever' responses. This is a forum not a text-messaging service. Either fight your corner or say n'owt.

Teamplayer holds two records on Rochdaletalk.

1. For the most posts pulled.
2, For starting the most threads with zero responses.

Obviously not a man with his fingers on the pulse of the nation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Not enough for a Newsletter this week. Just a short Mod's report.

Mods Report

Nodody banned or suspended. Two posts pulled; both from Teamplayer who is basically trying simultaneouly to use the forum as an inane text-messaging service and pull my chain at the same time. Obviously a battle he can't and won't win.

Not too sure why some people seem to join the forum simply to try to wind other people up but I suppose it takes all sorts.

Have a good week people.

Idi Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 am

How is that chain of yours by the way? Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Well I'm pleased to say I haven't had one pulled yet, that must mean I'm calming down, should please my doctor haha. Very Happy

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  past it Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 am

What's happened to the re-use, re cycle forum? Is it still on RO?

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 pm

No. It's on the front page, now called FreeStuff PI.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Irishman wrote:Well I'm pleased to say I haven't had one pulled yet, that must mean I'm calming down, should please my doctor haha. Very Happy

Ha-ha must be getting more mellow in age Irishman Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 am

Charly wrote:We all tried to remember contact details for other members of RO, I know Irish at one time had a facebook account but I cant find him now.

No idea where you got that from Charly, RO and now Rochdale Talk are the only forums I go on or indeed have been going on. But someone did mention a facebook account to me with my name on it before, not me I'm afraid, lots of us about though. Very Happy

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 am

I thought it was you...sorry, the profile fitted you, mind you I had an account years ago and it still sends me e mails off people wanting to be 'friends'
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 am

Charly wrote:I thought it was you...sorry, the profile fitted you, mind you I had an account years ago and it still sends me e mails off people wanting to be 'friends'

What was the profile Charly?

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm

You've not been trying to 'groom' her online have you Irish? That sort of thing's an offence you know!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 pm

He loves me really, he only has a go at me to divert attention away from his real feelings Laughing Laughing
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Jeanie wrote:
Irishman wrote:Well I'm pleased to say I haven't had one pulled yet, that must mean I'm calming down, should please my doctor haha. Very Happy

Ha-ha must be getting more mellow in age Irishman Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh No what have you done to break your record Surprised
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 am

I called a rat a rat Jeanie but they weren't having it... Very Happy

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Rochdale Talk NEWSLETTER No 7
Posted December 2nd 2012

Hello again.

Only a couple of new members but over 5000 posts now in less than 3 months with 290 topics; not all regarding child abuse!
57.2 posts per day. Top thread beside Story Game is Cyril Smith.

Charly, Cylfrifia and Hinch this month’s most prolific posters. Charly and Up the Dale have contributed 36% of the posts between them.

Charly, Jeanie, Hinch and Teamplayer2 are the four top thread-starters.

Thread that generated most complaints is the Dolphin Killers one. Several of you complained it was somewhat obsessive but it is our 7th most visited thread.

Most users online was 69 on Sat October 27th. Membership still fairly static. Some members still think number of ‘political’ threads turns people off from either joining or participating but there is so much relating to politics at the moment whether it be grooming, town-centre issues etc. Even the most light-hearted threads can get politicised it seems at times.

The forum Xmas Night Out is this coming Thursday at The Baum. Might be too late to book a meal but as we are eating in the conservatory, you are welcome to join us for a drink if you like. The meal is booked for 7.30.

Moderators Report

Busiest couple of weeks so far. We knew the quiet wouldn’t last.

No posters banned or suspended but one poster in particular seems to be the subject of concerns re content and style. The poster was PM’d. Someone suggesting restricting number of posts allowed per day but we can’t have a two-tier membership.

About 6 posts have been pulled or edited. Offensive language, potential for libel, possible breach of copyright. 2 posts pulled for housekeeping issues. Reasons explained by PM. One post tweaked at poster’s own request.

One area of concern is number of child sexual abuse threads. There are now 11 on the first two pages. Please consider when starting a new thread if its content could be adequately dealt with on an existing thread.

No other moderation issues and no threads locked or removed.

Be good... or else!

Idi Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:04 pm

I was wondering if the threads on child abuse, seeing as there are so many, could be merged into one...is that possible Admin?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am

Personally I think they should be dropped now and let those in control sort it out, I think they've all had a wake up call, keep one for updates.

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:24 pm

"Thread that generated most complaints is the Dolphin Killers one. Several of you complained it was somewhat obsessive but it is our 7th most visited thread. "
Simple solution to those who don't like the thread-don't read it. If I don't like a thread I don't read it-simple really. For all those who have complained about the thread, on the thread itself, and those complaining to admin, there are plenty who find it informative. Instead of complaining to admin, maybe spend the time starting or contributing to a thread you like, if there is one.

People complaining about political threads? If anything, in my opinion, there are not enough political threads considering all our lives are affected by politics in one way or another, but some just don't realise that. Perhaps they can start non political threads. There is no way there are too many political threads.

In general I honestly believe that some of the time when some people complain about posts, threads or posters they are complaining due to who is responsible for the post, or thread.

Regarding the child abuse threads, yes may there are too many different threads, maybe one can be on Smith, one on celebrity/politicians and general abuse cases, and one on abuse cases involving Rochdale.

As far as moderation/censorship of posts, this board seams to be moderated in the same way as the last forum.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:56 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:"Thread that generated most complaints is the Dolphin Killers one. Several of you complained it was somewhat obsessive but it is our 7th most visited thread. "
Simple solution to those who don't like the thread-don't read it. If I don't like a thread I don't read it-simple really. For all those who have complained about the thread, on the thread itself, and those complaining to admin, there are plenty who find it informative. Instead of complaining to admin, maybe spend the time starting or contributing to a thread you like, if there is one.

People complaining about political threads? If anything, in my opinion, there are not enough political threads considering all our lives are affected by politics in one way or another, but some just don't realise that. Perhaps they can start non political threads. There is no way there are too many political threads.

In general I honestly believe that some of the time when some people complain about posts, threads or posters they are complaining due to who is responsible for the post, or thread.

Regarding the child abuse threads, yes may there are too many different threads, maybe one can be on Smith, one on celebrity/politicians and general abuse cases, and one on abuse cases involving Rochdale.

As far as moderation/censorship of posts, this board seams to be moderated in the same way as the last forum.

Couldn't agree more Up The Dale, didn't read any of it, love a bit of fish on my plate with a few new potatoes, some veg.

Last edited by Irishman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:

I dont know why you think that, for a start there are no stars blocking out mild swear words although I do believe you have put on stronger words once or twice if my memory serves me right, links to other sites are allowed (in moderation, thankfully) and you can see from the stats nobody has yet been suspended or banned.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Irishman wrote:
UP THE DALE wrote:"Thread that generated most complaints is the Dolphin Killers one. Several of you complained it was somewhat obsessive but it is our 7th most visited thread. "

Couldn't agree mpre Up The Dale, didn't read any of it, love a bit of fish on my plate with a few new potatoes, some veg

I have no issues about anyone having fish to eat. Dolphins though are not fish, they are mammals, and are full of very high levels of mercury, so dangerous to eat, especially for children and people who are sick.

Glad you agree regarding the general point of not reading posts/threads that you don't like. Some just complain for complaining sake.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Charly wrote:
UP THE DALE wrote:

I dont know why you think that, for a start there are no stars blocking out mild swear words although I do believe you have put on stronger words once or twice if my memory serves me right, links to other sites are allowed (in moderation, thankfully) and you can see from the stats nobody has yet been suspended or banned.

Yes you are right, Charly. I wrong in saying that. My apologies, to Adi Admin and their team of mods.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:
I think that some people may not like the way non political threads turn political, rather than them complaining about the actual number of political threads. I could be wrong with that, but that's what I took the mods report to mean.
If it's a political thread, it's easy enough, as you say, to ignore it.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next