Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Care Pathway: What are your thoughts?

+8
Admin
teamplayer2
Hinch
hovis
Atlas
johnb
cyfrifia
Jeanie
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool Care Pathway: What are your thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Care Pathway: What are your thoughts?

Post  Charly Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 am

I'm doing ok Hinch, it wasn't as though it was unexpected she had suffered COPD for a few years now.
Just sad to see how her house had to be cleared and everything either thrown into skips or given away because her sons are scattered around the US and needed to get back to their work and families and couldn't hang around till it sells
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Care Pathway: What are your thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Care Pathway: What are your thoughts?

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 am

Sorry to hear of your loss Charly, have a safe journey home Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Lots of hugs, Charly.

Take care x

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 am

Be safe and come home soon. As much as we may complain this side of the pond I KNOW which is the safest side of the water to be on. xxx
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 pm

i would have liked to stay longer and see more of San Diego but I've already extended my stay by a few days. I'm flying home via Philadelphia on the 'red eye' arriving early Saturday morning . San Diego is 8 hours behind UK and I'm just waking up to another lovely sunny day sunny
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 am

Well Ive been home a week now and am pleasantly surprised at how nice and sunny its been, I fully expected to come home to the constant rain we had experienced before I left.
One of my nephews has a son graduating from West Point Military Academy in about 17-18 months so I'm hoping to attend that along with a few other family members.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Interesting programme well worth watching

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3489577
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Just watched it Jeanie Sad
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Well, the Liverpool Care Pathway has now been abolished, too many people starved to death or died of thirst, too many cases of doctors using it as an excuse for bad care, too many relatives lied to, too many examples of poorly trained staff doing it all wrong, too many stories of horror from those who watched their friends and relatives killed in a gruesome way in hospitals. Of course there are many examples of excellent care as well, but something very worrying about the disconnect from human values that allowed some medical staff to see and experience some cases of horrible mistreatment going on, and not to intervene.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2