Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is coming ... for UKIP?

+8
past it
Old Regulator
Prudence Tempered
Chill37
mary ann
cyfrifia
Hinch
Atlas
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Christmas is coming ... for UKIP? - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas is coming ... for UKIP?

Post  Hinch Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 am

Being a minority and very marginalised fourth party in a three party system is very empowering as you sit there enjoying the last few months of power you'll ever have.

You can romp, stomp , scream and shout as much as you please. Nobody will heed your cries as you have become a total nonentity. Like Marley's ghost, you have become a wraith; left only with the ability to moan,groan and rattle your chains every now and then.

"Hasn't got a point of view. Knows not where he's going to..."

Last edited by Hinch on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Christmas is coming ... for UKIP? - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas is coming ... for UKIP?

Post  Old Regulator Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I think it is Home Thoughts because he didn’t return my festive greetings. I’ll try not to let it ruin my Christmas with fellow loonys in Castleton, which appears now to be a Haymaker free zone, unless he’s avoiding me, which again won’t ruin my Christmas. Salty

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heywoodpp Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:27 pm

I just logged on after a crazy few weeks and got an invite to singles dating! A photo of a lady called Rebecca and an invite to mature dating; never happened on RO!

Have I missed anything? Who is this anonymous man from the Pru?
Heywoodpp
Heywoodpp
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:05 am

Hinch wrote:
Prudence Tempered wrote:I'm quite happy to say who I am, in fact my pen name came about quite by accident. But let's have the same rule for all, Hinch. If you want your critics to name themselves then have the decency to ask the same of people who don't take you on.

Since when have I asked anyone to name themselves? I don't give a toss whether they do or they don't. Why the hell are you trying to turn this into a thread about me?

You seem to be trying to create an argument just for the sake of it.

With the greatest of respect PT if you have been with the previous forum under a nom de plume which we all got used to and understood why on earth would you enter into the new forum without disclosing it? You may well have your reasons but I cannot think of any, other than you have something to be ashamed of or are hiding, that would prompt such a charade. Not logical or might I say 'friendly'. Suspect And no I don't wish to argue with you (or anyone else for that matter) that's not what I come on this forum to do. That also wouldn't be logical or 'friendly'. Nobody nicked my presents when I was a youngster - not that I was aware of anyway. Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:23 am

Have you changed your name from the old RO one Atlas?

Your posts bear an amazing similarity to a chap who used to post on there. Forget his name but I think he lived in Wales.

I wonder what happened to him? Probably came to a bad end.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:12 pm

might not be Atlas's fault Hinch. i tried to sign up as Salty but could not for some reason so Old Regulator is now my ultra ego, not that i have an ego. anyway me computer is sickening for summut so i'll wish all on here a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year. 'see you all in 2013. Salty Matron and Lewis.

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Yes, I tried to sign in as Poppy but it wouldn't let me either though I clarified who I was on my very first posting. Smile
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I was going to change my name on this forum but I didn't want to confuse any bin-sniffers who came looking for me.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Christmas is coming ... for UKIP? - Page 3 Empty Reply with quote Re: Christmas is coming ... for UKIP?

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Laughing tongue
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:07 am

I tried my usual Ray and it said - ger-oof he's been here before so I put Atlas as I know most of the old posters knew me also by my writing name. And just to confirm - yes - t'is I Ray and I don't hide from anyone nor do I have a need to.
And I love you all - including you Prudence - so there. santa drunken bom affraid clown Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Europe is getting a bit fed up with the UK. Will the the conservative party outflank UKIP by disconnecting from Europe, or pretending to?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/27/david-cameron-eu-herman-van-rompuy

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann M Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Great to see your'e back with us Paul.
A.

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 am

cyfrifia wrote:Europe is getting a bit fed up with the UK. Will the the conservative party outflank UKIP by disconnecting from Europe, or pretending to?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/27/david-cameron-eu-herman-van-rompuy

Well -! I'm shocked -! What do you mean cyfrifia? affraid
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 am

David Cameron wants to catch the UKIP vote with euro-scepticism, but, if it came to it, would he take us out of Europe?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:37 am

Posturing.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:24 am

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Lets be realistic. There is nothing really wrong with the EU - except the way it is currently being run.

Trouble is, if we keep trying to get out over the wall, we will have no influence on the final shape of the EU. We need a strong, effective EU as a trading partner, and we might as well b in it.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Not everyone is happy about our E.U. membership, but it would not be easy to leave. The UK is debilitated and mired down now, partly as consequence of being in the E.U. so long, that it may not have the dynamic to break free. Joining the common market was never a good idea, the British public were duped and led into it for reasons that have never been explained, but, that was a long time ago, the damage is done, and we are apparently stuck with it.

If UKIP were able to get the vote on that single issue, it would became apparent they have no idea how to govern a country. They would need to form an alliance with Tesco, or some other leading supermarket that already has the economic and management skill base.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:47 am

The 'Common Market' (as originally outlined) was an excellent idea. I know. I was there. What we didn't agree to was 'political and monetary' absorption. Such was never on the agenda and only came in with pernicious meanderings from France and Germany in the 1970s. We have been 'drawn' into a web of political power broking in an effort to form a powerful bloc in Europe to counter balance those of the Americas, Far-East etc etc. We didn't vote for it and have never been given the opportunity to do so. Again, as in a previous post, we relied on our governments to do the right thing. They have - in their eyes -. Which leads me to quote - there's none so blind as those who cannot see. Sad isn't it. Sad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:42 pm

There has never been any real sense that the UK has benefited from being in the E.U.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3