Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sex grooming: 9 more charged

+10
johnb
UP THE DALE
Chill37
teamplayer2
Hinch
cyfrifia
Poppyanna555
Jeanie
Charly
Wobbles
14 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sex grooming: 9 more charged Empty Sex grooming: 9 more charged

Post  Wobbles Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Twitter bbc news is reporting 9 men charged with sex offences against a child. Is this a new investigation?
Wobbles
Wobbles

Back to top Go down

Sex grooming: 9 more charged Empty Re: Sex grooming: 9 more charged

Post  Charly Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, its linked to the sex grooming case earlier this year, I heard it on radio news at 7 o'clock.
They have been bailed until November and December.
Looks like they are going down like 9 pins eh?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Wobbles Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Hopefully, they will get them all in the end.
Wobbles
Wobbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

The original figure was 39 arrests at the time but only 9 were charged thank goodness the others are at last being charged because until it all comes out there won't ever be a closure name and shame them all evil nasty people Evil or Very Mad
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Sex grooming: 9 more charged Empty twitter bbc reporting 9 men charged

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm

They have all been bailed, hmm....let's hope they are ALL still here in this country to face judgement in Nov/Dec eh?
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Just heard these 9 men were originally arrested in May
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Charly wrote:Just heard these 9 men were originally arrested in May

Yes they were Charly in total 39 arrests were made in May !!!
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Official media release: 23 Oct 2012

Nine Rochdale men facing child sex charges

Nine men have been charged with sexual offences against a single teenage girl in Rochdale.

The men, aged between 26 and 39, were arrested in May as a result of an inquiry into the sexual exploitation of a teenage girl since 2005.

All of the accused, apart from two, will appear in a series of separate hearings from 7 November to 6 December at Bury Magistrates' Court.

The men have all been remanded on bail, Greater Manchester Police said.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 pm

All named;

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1591927_nine-men-from-rochdale-charged-after-child-sex-grooming-probe.

And a comment from Yahoo news
All the men have been bailed and will appear before Bury Magistrates Court on various dates between November and December.

Lynne Jones, Chair of Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board, said: "The board has been working very hard to ensure vulnerable children and young people are protected from all forms of abuse.

"Together with Rochdale Borough Council, Greater Manchester Police, the Crown Prosecution Service, the NHS and our other members we have clear strategies in place to combat child sexual exploitation, which sadly is happening in most towns and cities."

Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Hopefully not long before the rest of them are convicted now ?
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Good to see some more progress in the police pursuit of child molesters. Better late than never.

Jimmy Saville was described as 'hiding in the open', similarly, child groomers have been able to operate quite openly in Rochdale (and elsewhere), hopefully this kind of people will not be so brazen in future.

If children see other children in process of being groomed, hanging round with gangs of men, taken to houses, being bought things, they are likely to think it's a normal way to go on. In the light of what everyone knows now, that sort of pattern of behavior should quite rightly attract suspicion.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:03 pm

It seems to have attracted low attention locally.  

The fact that these nine men were arrested 'on suspicion of' in May, but not fully charged and re-bailed again until now, late in October, perhaps gets trivialised by media timing/releases ....  with national interest in the Jimmy Saville saga, and now even a Chief Constable's resignation - purportedly for his stated interest of not distracting the Hillsborough investigations.

We have had firm Establishment statements that neither the cultures nor ethnic linked attitudes of past local offenders have had any bearing on street grooming, or child rapes ... statements that have been led by the police and RMB council chiefs' very public assertions.    So that's that, apparently.  

Some other forum members will, like myself, have spent many years of close, practical experience with our communities of South Asian origins.   It's hands on, front line, living and working understanding.      Others have viewed the borough's changes from a distance, with little more than text book awareness of customs and changes driving their opinions.  

Safeguarding policies and revised practices are all openly child-centred.  I can find nothing that directs towards offenders or those with propensities to offend.  

Last edited by Mojo Hill on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 pm

I heard on the BBC that it is said to be "completely unrelated to the earlier grooming trial." It was then that I got a strange, all-pervading smell of bull**** all over my lounge.

Funny, must get it checked out as I don't keep cattle.

Still, very reassuring to hear that it's completely unrelated. I will sleep much easier now!

[Thinks: Remember to check irony tag prior to pressing 'send' button.]
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 pm

hinch wrote:I heard on the BBC that it is said to be "completely unrelated to the earlier grooming trial." It was then that I got a strange, all-pervading smell of bull**** all over my lounge.

Funny, must get it checked out as I don't keep cattle.

Still, very reassuring to hear that it's completely unrelated. I will sleep much easier now!

[Thinks: Remember to check irony tag prior to pressing 'send' button.]

Rochdale course for defence of Islam and bring challenges to a standstill was advertised on the same night as charge publicity Hinch.  Back to the stock accusations of Islamophobia; political garbage smells in your lounge ?  

Rochdale Council of Mosques & MPACUK hold Muslim Advocacy Course to defend Islam’

9:04 pm, Tue 23 Oct 2012        The usual MPACUK windup gunk is built-in as the promo starter

‘The lack of action by Muslim community leaders has meant that Muslims are attacked, but don't know how to defend Islam, which has meant that there is a new generation of Muslims who are made to believe that they are extremists, that the Prophet (SAW) is a paedophile and that Islam teaches men to abuse women.   These lies need to be exposed and we need the defend Islam's honour, now.

In conjunction with Rochdale Council of Mosques, MPACUK is running a free Advocacy Course to equip Muslims with the skills needed to defend Islam in an articulate manner.     This is a step-by-step programme that will help you to:  - be a great advocate and debater for Islam,  - confidently rebut attacks against Islam that happen in the media,  - learn to spot and handle lies about Islam and learn how to debate,  - arm yourself with confidence and knowledge

Book your free place now.  Venue: Castlemere Community Centre, Tweedale Street, Rochdale, OL11 1HH   Date: Sunday, 11 November 2012    Time: 10:30am till 4pm (lunch provided you greedy gits) ‘   Shocked 

http://www.mpacuk.org/story/231012/rochdale-council-mosques-mpacuk-hold-muslim-advocacy-course-defend-islam.html#ixzz2AKEkXdwZ

Articulate MPACUK advocates will thus replace silences, answer all questions.

No irony tag for here

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 am

VERY interesting post Taz Ali. Believe it or not, I genuinely would like to discuss this issue with muslims constructively and pragmatically and if there are any muslims out there who want to meet with me to discuss I would very willingly love the opportunity to do so. The offer is there.

HOWEVER... this Castlemere thing seems to start of on completely the wrong foot by teaching people to defend Islam. As far as my stance goes, in no way is the matters arising from the grooming case an attack on Islam... apart from the usual crap from the ultra-right wing knuckle-draggers.

What it seems to me is that many people; indiginous white UK and many muslims are tired of the standard knee-jerk responses based on denial from various sectors of the community who want to retain the same old tired, ineffectual and unrealistic status quo and have the confidence, intelligence and will to take a fresh and pragmatic look at the issues and have a reasoned and informed debate with a view to moving away from the present format that does far more to promote racial tension than end it.

What the community leaders are offering seems to be cover-up, denial and hogwash. (And I'm not just talking about community leaders from the ethnic portion of the community. I mean the whole lot.)

If you have any pointers for me Taz Ali or if there are any so-called community leaders or interested parties interested in discussing this, please PM me.

I am heartily fed up with the same people rushing to the microphone or the media whenever an issue crops up spouting out the same tired old excuses and claptrap. We are not all one big happy, cohesive community. We are many communities who share the same space and need to do things differently.

A far better use of MPACUK's time at the Castlemere advocacy course would be to look at the whole structure of community relations and at the issues within their communities that have allowed widespread grooming to take place and ask themselves what direction they need to go in to address the issues, prevent the likelihood of them occuring again and addressing them if they do.

If all they think they need to do is prevent what they see as being an attack on Islam then it's a complete waste of time.

End of morning rant!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:12 am

Taz Ali wrote:
http://www.mpacuk.org/story/231012/rochdale-council-mosques-mpacuk-hold-muslim-advocacy-course-defend-islam.html#ixzz2AKEkXdwZ

Articulate MPACUK advocates will thus replace silences, answer all questions.

Is this course intended to train debaters to argue back against criticism of child grooming and rape? Is that why it's on this thread about another gang of Muslims being arrested for it? Sounds a tricky position to justify.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 am

" Hinch wrote :

HOWEVER... this Castlemere thing seems to start of on completely the wrong foot by teaching people to defend Islam. As far as my stance goes, in no way is the matters arising from the grooming case an attack on Islam... apart from the usual crap from the ultra-right wing knuckle-draggers.

Hinch: MPACuk spouts paranoia and started advocacy courses in other places in May-June for young muslims to “learn the tactics used by (their) enemies.”

They have shown they can unseat local MPs by their political brand of activism and I’m surprised to read that Rochdale Council of Mosques is partnering them in any course taking place here. Something iffy here, TBD!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Many things about Rochdale shock me Mojo H but nothing really surprises me anymore.

This sort of thing really saddens me. Basically it sounds like a masterclass in instructing people how to avoid seeing the wood for the trees.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Will this training and debating make Rochdale a safer place for children and for teens? Will any female Muslim debaters emerge?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Now repeat after me, "Islam is a pure religion. This is not a muslim problem. It has nothing to do with us. We need more money to appoint a few more Community Leaders."

I bet some of them think that 'Mr Khan' was a documentary!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 pm

cyfrifia wrote:Will this training and debating make Rochdale a safer place for children and for teens? Will any female Muslim debaters emerge?

Right wing is not a monopoly of indigenous white peoples cyfriflia.

There are extreme Far Right Islamic organisations most of us can name, disown, disassociate from

There are far right Muslim groups ‘Other’ who prey in political avenues without military hardware; tongues and words feed these agendas, feed ignorance, feed fears, feed fanatic far left. We neglect use of far-right word or centre right word across our ethnic groups. Radical does me for them all.

You examined for Falinge Park records, may help you do the same for MPAC. Enjoy. I am to visit relations thus not on laptop for couple of days.

Is this right? - “Far right politics involves support of strong or complete social hierarchy in society, and supports supremacy of certain individuals or groups deemed to be innately superior who are to be more valued than those deemed to be innately inferior”

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:26 pm

I don't really think in right wing - left wing terms, Taz, but I think your definition is about right.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 pm

The problem seems to becoming a country wide problem. It appears other areas are getting the same problems of sex gangs and authorities covering up or not acting in the past.

Only what I have seen reports in the media in recent weeks.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 pm

It's been a countrywide problem for years now, but only reported in local and regional news. It may be people haven't believed it because right wing parties have been ranting incoherently about it.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 pm

cyfrifia wrote:It's been a countrywide problem for years now, but only reported in local and regional news.

Sexual abuses may have been a 'countrywide problem' for years, but there's a criteria to look at all the degrees and the many different types of sexual offences. All wrong, but never-the-less very different crimes.

The issue of physical grooming and rape of children by groups, or gangs, has not been known as a countrywide problem and overall statistics give the lie to such a claim. It is known that criminal offending in the category of on-street grooming has been taking place in counties in the Midlands and across the North of England, where it has been going on for more than a decade.

Things do look different when the focus is narrowed to crimes involving groups of men grooming girls on the street. In 18 child sexual exploitation trials since 1997 – in Derby, Leeds, Blackpool, Blackburn, Rotherham, Sheffield, Rochdale, Oldham and Birmingham – relating to the on-street grooming of vulnerable girls aged 11 to 16 by groups of men, most of those convicted were of Pakistani heritage.

The authorities will undoubtedly find this an extra stratistical inconvenience, but attempts to digress it must be adding, at least in part, to the denial rhetoric, or the silences. This last round of charges didn't even make a front page comment in the Mirror group's local newspapers. It is, yet again, a Rochdale situation and while the media, politicians, police, and other organisations can hone into various sexual abuses on their own or other turfs, I believe the communities themselves as well as the authorities in Rochdale should be seen to transparently be keeping their safe order.

We've been looking at the very worst kind of grooming taking place here.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next