Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sex grooming: 9 more charged

+10
johnb
UP THE DALE
Chill37
teamplayer2
Hinch
cyfrifia
Poppyanna555
Jeanie
Charly
Wobbles
14 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sex grooming: 9 more charged - Page 7 Empty Re: Sex grooming: 9 more charged

Post  Hinch Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:27 am

What should I glean from this :-

1. That justice has at last been done?

Or

2. That the whole thing is a huge, embarrassing shambles?

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:55 am

2.Sex grooming: 9 more charged - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLV8cj8sgIahJjk9WGYJQm6RS2vZPZ8ymKMaG-3Hg_jM5Dx1sfuw

fiasco cont...

Sex grooming gang victim is given a six figure payout

According to yesterday's news, quote, ‘a victim in the Rochdale grooming case has landed what’s believed to be a six-figure council pay-out for suffering caused by its social workers.

The girl was one of several victims who suffered horrific abuse at the hands of the notorious nine-strong child sex grooming gang – who were jailed in May 2012

It is understood the family of the girl has signed a confidentiality agreement as part of the pay-out preventing them from discussing it.

A spokesman for Rochdale council said it was unable to comment on the amount of the pay-out ‘

… and will the other victims receive compensation for pain, suffering and psychological distress / damages caused by the actions and lack of actions by the public sector service agencies involved in this, and in other similar cases ?                   Will conditional ' Gagging Orders ' prevail ! ? silent 

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 am

Mojo Hill wrote:
‘It is understood the family of the girl has signed a confidentiality agreement as part of the pay-out preventing them from discussing it.’  

So does that mean again those in charge at the time will not answer to their crimes of ignorance and be protected.  A culture of silence!  Who are they really protecting. The Social Services, the police and the Councillors who knew at the time

teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 am

teamplayer2 wrote:
Mojo Hill wrote:
‘It is understood the family of the girl has signed a confidentiality agreement as part of the pay-out preventing them from discussing it.’  
So does that mean again those in charge at the time will not answer to their crimes of ignorance and be protected.  A culture of silence!  Who are they really protecting. The Social Services, the police and the Councillors who knew at the time

If this information is 100% correct, then that is unbelievable.  A gagging clause to protect those who have failed and let down all the children who were abused.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:39 am

Sex grooming: 9 more charged - Page 7 Mad-hatter

Here we are in the land of Gagging-clause,
where nothing has ever gone wrong, or,
at least nobody has ever said anything about it.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Chill37 wrote:
Mojo Hill wrote:

If this information is 100% correct, then that is unbelievable.  A gagging clause to protect those who have failed and let down all the children who were abused.

The information was printed in the Saturday 9 Nov 'hard copy' of Rochdale Ob, on Page 5. It was not, however, reproduced on the internet.

The Manchester law firm Pannone, who represented the family, additionally declined to comment on the council's pay-out.

Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 am

I note today of the following article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-24932313

Lets hope Rochdale is investigated considering that tragic failings we are all witnessing.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:21 am

Yes Chill, I was wondering if similar arrangements might be considered for the borough although as a fairly easy to ignore town in the North, perhaps we are less deserving of national attention?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:24 am

Valid point Hinch. But bearing in mind we (as in Rochdale) are front page news when a sex gang is exposed and sentenced and then the issue raised in Parliament and people in power at Rochdale are quizzed by a committee I am stunned that nothing has been done.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:27 am

You are forgetting Chill, we are a beacon for others to follow.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 pm

I thought that quite a bit had been done since this became news?
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 pm

The size and location of the town makes a difference. Services looking after children have formal procedures, but quality of work depends on less formal teamwork and communication, problematic with the size of Birmingham. All needs to be better organised.

The Serious Case Review about Hamzah Khan in Bradford did not answer the relevant questions. What happened with the one about Rochdale?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 pm

I need to make sure I understand:

One of the victims has received a conditional financial payment from RMBC with a legal undertaking that she does not discuss the issue further?

Is that correct?

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Dalelad wrote:I thought that quite a bit had been done since this became news?
Is this in relation to Birmingham? Or Rochdale? In both cases, and more so for Birmingham looking at the timeline starting in 2008, not enough has been done ever.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:35 pm

cyfrifia wrote:The size and location of the town makes a difference. Services looking after children have formal procedures, but quality of work depends on less formal teamwork and communication, problematic with the size of Birmingham. All needs to be better organised.

The Serious Case Review about Hamzah Khan in Bradford did not answer the relevant questions. What happened with the one about Rochdale?
Ask those in charge and get the standard reply.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Spartacus wrote:I need to make sure I understand:

One of the victims has received a conditional financial payment from RMBC with a legal undertaking that she does not discuss the issue further?

Is that correct?
Thats my understanding too.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks, Chill.

I think that takes the whole stinking episode down yet another, much deeper level, in the mire.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:07 pm

It does. It means , possibly, that there is something to hide within the dark corridors of power. A cover up I dare say. Allegely.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Most of this upset has it's roots in background poverty and fractured communities, a vulnerable society meets badly controlled immigration, result, damage and ruined lives, bad reputation for the town and the political establishment contorting itself, avoiding the issues and covering up the failure.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Chill37 wrote:It does.  It means , possibly, that there is something to hide within the dark corridors of power.  A cover up I dare say.  Allegedly.
I'm not sure why, at this stage, there's renewed publicity about the 2012 sex grooming trial held at Liverpool Crown Court.    It's certainly diverting attention away from the recent 8 November convictions of 5 local men from two trials recently held under 'media blackouts' - Page 10 on this thread.

The following interview is behind tomorrow's front-page headline ' Gang Raped Me Hundreds Of Times' and the 2nd-page story in the local Ob paper:-

'I was abused by a sex gang'  
> http://www.itv.com/thismorning/hot-topics/sex-gang-abuse

12:03 - 12 Nov 2013          THIS MORNING               Girl A – My Story

' Hannah (pseudonym) was just 15 when she was groomed and used for sex. After being lured with free gifts, she was plied with alcohol and systematically abused for seven months.

Hannah was just one of up to fifty girls to be passed around by a gang.  The girls, who were all under 16, were forced to have sex with up to 20 men in one night. Hannah shares the story of how she went from a young Rochdale schoolgirl to a key witness in the trial of Britain's most notorious child sex ring.'

Surely the small number of victims involved in giving evidence then will each be entitled to compensation ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 pm

2nd page news? Totally absurd that a local paper should relegate a story of such local and national interest from the front page.

Is there anyway WE, the residents of the Borough, can appeal to the Government and demand a thorough investigation?

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Spartacus:  Their paper's front page only comprises of this lurid Headline and an accompanying photo of the 'This Morning' interviewers - the same one as the link I posted owing to me not having the IT skills  Embarassed to detach and insert the video excerpt.  

I'm stumped about the merits of a government investigation, as it again seems like asking The Establishment to investigate itself.  We've been told that previous reviews by police, social services, public bodies and council representatives have looked at themselves - independently !  

The latest tenet being 'floated' nationally, by public service reps, is that what we're really looking at are "systems" failures, not failures of individuals or their management.   This latest 'spin' seems a very grim surrogate.  

The local cases which have been publicised recently raise questions about the failings of statutory agencies (social services, police and CPS) who, it is said, failed to act on evidence of child sexual exploitation / street grooming – problems they were made aware of at least as far back as 2004 by health workers from Rochdale’s crisis intervention team (an NHS advisory clinic).    Legal actions against the main statutory agencies may well be one of the main tools needed, but that cant happen if litigation and the costs are clandestine / gagged.                          A mire?   I'd say its turned into a reeking ' midden '          

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 pm

This does seem to have been going on a long time, public bodies examining themselves and each other. Perhaps a group of statues carved in marble showing them doing so might make a suitable centerpiece for the town center?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Spartacus wrote: Is there anyway WE, the residents of the Borough, can appeal to the Government and demand a thorough investigation?  
  It appears not.   But at least the MP is still trying to get broad ' Establishment ' accountabilities?   The latest:-

Greater Manchester Police report into Rochdale child sex grooming scandal is rejected for a SECOND time.   The Independent Police Complaints Commission ruled the re-written report failed to cover key areas and ordered the force to try again.

GMP is now finalising its third report into how it failed a victim of the Rochdale sex grooming gang !

An official report into police failures has still not been published, almost four years after The Independent Police Complaints Commission/IPCC was called in.

Rochdale MP S Danczuk said: “I’m shocked and disappointed that GMP have got to take a third attempt at investigating what went wrong.   “The public will draw their own conclusions ..  

18 November 2013: - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/greater-manchester-police-report-rochdale-6313447

RIDICULOUS DOES NOT EVEN BEGIN TO CUT IT Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 am

3 reports? Says it all, doesn't it?

These children were failed all round but, from the little I do know of it, I KNOW the police failed them time and time again.

Many people, employed by RMBC and other agencies, took their concerns straight to GMP where they fell on deaf ears. Some police officers at the time thought the girls were not worth their time and effort. Another echo of the "worthlessness" stigma that surrounded these vulnerable children.

GMP are not going to be too enthusiastic about putting their failings into a report are they? The need to polish it up is too much of a temptation. That's why we need an independent warts and all investigation. We will never have it though, not as long as those in power can't see past the end of their own nose let alone the warts beyond it.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next