Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-social Rochdale

+8
Charly
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
Atlas
Old Regulator
Spartacus
Hinch
cyfrifia
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 5 Empty Re: Anti-social Rochdale

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:57 am

Spartacus, I had sent photographs with my e-mails but unfortunately, these weren't received and I had to follow up with phone calls and repeated e-mails (minus the photos). Obviously, I can't make accusations of 'indifference' if these e-mails did not reach their intended targets but, there has been time enough since to have organised removal of this rubbish.

Stephen Pyke asked me to try to send the photos again and that he would act upon receipt of same (this was a week last Friday) AND the hot weather had just started, he waited 10 days (until yesterday) to e-mail me to say that he presumed I had been unsuccessful in e-mailing the photos again and that he had arranged for collection of the nappies (presumably the 4 mattresses and other bags of rubbish are included)... 'Jobsworth' or what? despite not being able to get the photos to him, we had been in conversations about this problem for at least 2 weeks, why not send someone along to clean it up earlier? he knew the problem existed.

Daalat Ali told me 2 weeks ago that a team were visiting Kingsway and Belfield (the day after) and the problem would be addressed. Ghulam Shazad told me that he, Daalat Ali and senior members at the Prayer House had agreed to organise a wagon to pick this rubbish up and that he would go back to Daalat Ali and let me know the outcome, again, I have heard nothing.

I was advised by a friend to post the photos on this forum but unfortunately, I have no idea how to go about this, can anyone help?
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm

I was browsing on RO property search yesterday and saw a house for sale on Entwisle Road for the princely sum of £160K !! of course it was one of the renovated ones.
Someone is making a whacking profit if they can get the asking price.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Indeed Charly, I know of no house on Entwistle Road worth that sort of money, renovated or not! Evil or Very Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Poppyanna555 Photos
Anti-social Rochdale - Page 5 R410

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 5 R111

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 5 R310

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 5 R210

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Strange... I had no problem receiving your emails Poppyanna555

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:Indeed Charly, I know of no house on Entwistle Road worth that sort of money, renovated or not! Evil or Very Mad

Take a peep

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/classifieds/property/42271/238-entwistle-road-rochdale
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 pm

I must say that the house looks remarkably well presented but £160k for a terraced property with no garden in that area does sound considerably overpriced to me.

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Can I just say a BIG THANK YOU to Spartacus for posting some photographs for me on this thread and, furthermore 'tweeting' my problem for me.

Much appreciated Spartacus!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 5 R111

Poppyanna: What a disgusting situation. It looks just like the same rubbish I commented about a few weeks ago, i.e. : -

Mojo Hill wrote: Walking up Belfield Road from the Croft Shifa Health Centre this afternoon was such a depressing experience. Mad The detritus .. filthy rubbish and fly tipping behind the first row of houses on the right was shocking - discarded bed mattresses, loads of bags of waste, food remains, loose mounds of domestic debris, etcetera. I can only offer commiserations. Clearly some residents don't even give a fig about other people, or the shared environment

... and you say there's more now! YUG

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 pm

This is clearly very blatant advertising and in breach of forum rules.

We do not endorse any particular brand of washing powder on this forum. Any repetition will result in a ban.

You have been warned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 pm

OK ; have also been told by a former Manchester City MP, at an alleged lively local event, that

Rochdale has a strong sense of community and that’s something we should all celebrate.’

Crime Commissioner praises community cohesion in Rochdale

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/80739/crime-commissioner-praises-community-cohesion-in-rochdale

Perhaps everyone who attended the Castlemere Centre, along with Ward Councillors, will go and demonstrate their own community cohesion by physically clearing away the rotting rubbish round Belfield Rd neighbourhood area, while ensuring that it remains free from fly tipping in the future.  Question  

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Thank you Poppyanna555.

Has the rubbish been removed?

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:59 pm

I agree MJH and Spartacus, NO it hasn't been removed and no-one has been to collect the paperwork I retrieved from one of the bags either.  Then again, is there any point in collecting this 'evidence'? because if the person whose name is on the paperwork denies that she has dumped it, there is nothing they can do according to my contact at RMBC so it's.....carry on tipping! Rolling Eyes
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Sounds easy. Just say you didn't do it and the council accept your word for it!
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm

It's a farce Dalelad.  I was told initially by an RMBC contact that "there is no point in my coming up to view mattresses, I can't get a name and address from those" and so, almost 4 weeks later I find added bags of rubbish and personally root out a name and address only to be told (by the same person) "that may not be proof enough unless someone saw her dump the rubbish, unless she admits it was her when we write there is nothing we can do".  

I first saw the rubbish on the 19th May, it is STILL there today the 12th June and includes bags of dirty nappies that have been sitting there through a week of hot weather, 4 mattresses, a 3 piece suite, a half burnt front door, separate piles of household rubbish which someone has tried to set fire to, an old television set.  This has been going on for years, week in and week out behind that row of houses which, just happens to side onto a path that runs alongside the local primary school that children are negotiating as they make their way to school.

No-one has been to collect the 'evidence' from my house and my guess is, they won't.  

I don't know why I bother! Evil or Very Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:06 pm

You must feel very disheartened but don't give up, it's your home  

Did you read  ------  Nominations open for Rochdale Diversity Awards 2013         ‘ A spokesperson said: “This is both a response and a conscious effort by the organisers to highlight that all sectors and communities have a role to play in supporting and promoting diversity and cohesion.’
Poppyanna:      You’ve the instigators and host, KYP, for these Awards within your near neighbourhood.      Perhaps they would like to contribute to supporting and promoting cohesion in a more “hands on” way ?    As neighbourhood Leaders, the Kashmir Youth Project Social Enterprises could even co-ordinate for improvements and safety  ...  
The advertised Chief Executive at KYP is a former Director of RMBC Strategies and Regeneration, a ‘change agent,’ who will surely have the experience, will and know-how of cleaning up an area, that's so near to their own flagship enterprise, ref your "detritus plague" ?   Worth a try anyway, even if only to ensure their Board and managements' social awareness, with some emailed photos  Question  

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/80637/nominations-open-for-rochdale-diversity-awards-2013 : -

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:20 pm

The 'clean up' has taken place today (if that is what you can call it)!     Several items remain, including big armchairs, a wooden chair, washing powder packets and rank nappies, that have fallen out of their original bags and been left.    There are more nappies at the other end of the path and most of the cardboard and paper litter remains.    There is a large bag of rubbish (mainly cardboard, I think) left by a lamp post at the end of the path.

To say I am disappointed after almost 4 weeks of fighting for this clean up is an understatement !
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 am

poppyanna555. Your predicament is not unusual or 'new'. The problems of community cohesion have been around for centuries and you will find the only answer, where the council have neither the resources or the money to assist, is to form yourself and others into a community action group and tackle the problem in 'force'.
In the past these 'groups' have done sterling work to keep their 'own' small areas of the town presentable and where problems have arisen have collectively been able to put pressure on the appropriate council departments to eradicate them. My parents were active with the Wellfield Community Association for decades and kept many of these problems, such as fly-tipping etc, to a minimum. These also encompassed street lighting, drain clearing, potholes etc etc etc. You won't get any thanks for such efforts and may even have opposition from others who don't think you are making 'enough' effort etc etc - but that's just the nature of the beast.
Sometimes complaining isn't enough. The rest is up to the individual. Good luck.SmileaffraidLike a Star @ heaven
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:31 pm

In fairness to the council, some organisation's mail systems refuse to accept very large emails.  Photos frequently need to be resized before sending.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Yes Atlas, this is just what we are doing, we have attended 2 meetings held at our local Primary School in recent months which were attended by representatives from RMBC, Police and the Fire Service.  We have lobbied our local Councillors and even our MP and we have made good inroads into tackling the drug dealing problems we had around here.

During one of these meetings we were introduced to an Enforcement Officer from RMBC who passed his card around the table and we hoped that he would be proactive in addressing our problems.  Without boring you with the details this certainly hasn't been the case as we were left 25 days with bags of rank nappies, 4 mattresses and other detritus (during this time we had our first heatwave of the summer).  He eventually arranged for the nappies and mattresses to be collected yesterday but, as he hadn't attended the site to view the rest of what was there, that is all that got removed and the rest got left.

I have paperwork at my house that I retrieved from one of the bags which gives the name and address of a resident on that row.  Although I phoned with these details last Friday and was told someone would collect it, no-one has contacted me to do so although the Enforcement Officer took great pains to tell me that, unless the person admitted dumping the rubbish, there is nothing they can do, I sense apathy all around me.

We won't give up though Atlas, you can be assured of that. affraid
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Good for you kiddo.cheerscheersVery Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:32 am

Johnb   In fairness to the council, some organisation's mail systems refuse to accept very large emails.  Photos frequently need to be resized before sending  

Yes JohnB, I used to work for the Council before I became a litter picking pensioner of the Parish and I am aware of the above fact and usually do resize my photos before I send them. Wink
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Only two chickens spotted on Entwisle Road this morning. Has there been a cull?

Glad to see that the old traditions re al fresco litter disposal are still thriving. A very healthy crop of polystyrene fast food containers, discarded Coke bottles and other evidence of life being lived in the fast lane still copiously apparent.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:16 pm

The pile of filthy matresses, soiled nappies, assorted household rubbish, discarded three piece suites, half burned television sets, polystyrene fast food containers, and discarded coke bottles has been reported by astronauts as they orbit the earth in the space station. This, and the great wall of China are now the most visible evidence of human activity on the planet to be seen from space.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Don't think there has been a cull Hinch, but the end property on our row might have borrowed some! they had 3 but my wicked black cat brought one home having dragged it through the cat flap and deposited it in my dining area shortly after the householder took stock of 'em......nice!  The chickens at this house have no garden (it's been concreted over) but do have a comfy red sofa to recline on.

Maybe there will be a massive cull around the beginning of August....isn't EID around then?
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next