Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-social Rochdale

+8
Charly
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
Atlas
Old Regulator
Spartacus
Hinch
cyfrifia
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 4 Empty Re: Anti-social Rochdale

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 pm

I do own 2 cats John but one doesn't venture that many doors away, on the other hand, my other one (a black tomcat) may well sniff them out (which I wouldn't wish on the poor chickens at all). I just wish the owner had put some thought into his new venture....there are several cats in this area and these hens just appear to be plonked in his garden with no coop for shelter (although they do have the nice old red settee) Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote: ----- these hens just appear to be plonked in his garden with no coop for shelter (although they do have the nice old red settee) Sad

Poppyanna: It reads like you've got Fowl Broiler problems in the making.

Surprised There could also be animal welfare and a range of potential disease issues.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat May 18, 2013 11:58 am

Fowl Broiler problems....eek MJH...do enlighten me?!

Yes, I doubt they are all being kept just for their eggs, I think they will enter the pot at some stage, but whose pot I wonder? RMBC told us that the owners are quite entitled to slaughter them as long as they eat them and they are not entering the food chain but, how do they know they are not because, at the moment, all RMBC are doing is sitting on their laurels, throwing their hands up in the hair and chanting "there is nothing we can do"!

The welfare of these particular hens near me is questionable for starters. Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

There is nothing RMBC can do, at the moment, as they lack the skills and motivation, but with a bit of training, using motivational video games, it could be a very different story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLCL4EHqzI

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:Fowl Broiler problems....eek MJH...do enlighten me?!

Poppyanna: Fowl Broilers: -

Smile Chicken Poo or hen manure smells really vile or ‘foul’ when it gets wet.

Broilers are chickens bred and raised specifically for meat production.

Small comfort, but at least you haven’t got a neighbouring cockerel crowing in the 5.00 am sunrises Y E T ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 am

Poppyanna555 wrote:We now have a Cockerel and some more chickens.....

There you go MoJo...a cockerel is now in residence What a Face
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 19, 2013 10:14 am

Charly wrote:
Poppyanna555 wrote:We now have a Cockerel and some more chickens.....

There you go MoJo...a cockerel is now in residence What a Face

Oops, I didn't read the previous page additions! Maybe the cockerel will be "housed" overnight if the owner is living there and gets disturbed. Even then, cockerels often crow throughout the day and well into the evening.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 am

Mojo Hill wrote: At the end of December 2012, Rochdale reported the percentage of people who agreed that the Police and Council are dealing with the anti-social behaviour and crime issues that matter to people in their local area, to be 82.2%.
This was a 9.2% improvement on the figure for the previous year, which was 73.0%.
Rochdale is currently the best performing borough in Greater Manchester on this indicator

Is the anti-social situation in Rochdale really much improved? Recent complaints seem to be about chickens.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun May 19, 2013 11:30 am

One of the neighbours was kept awake the night before last and I can only assume, so was the owner!, the cockerel hasn't been heard since so I am thinking he may have been given away or sent back to wherever he came from, here's hoping .....fingers crossed.

MJH, do you have a crystal ball by any chance? Razz
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun May 19, 2013 11:33 am

Well, s/he's got black cats and sweeping brooms that look pretty strange! Laughing
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Cyfrifia, I do believe that the Police have stepped up their game against anti-social behaviour yes, certainly in my area where we have recently had a lot of help from the Police and Council and other agencies. They have recently raided a property for drugs but only found a small amount (for personal use) but nevertheless, this guy has been done for 'possession' so at least he is aware that he is 'in their sights'.

Last week, they raided a local property and found 9 men living in a 2 bedroom terraced house, 4 of them were 'illegals' and UK Border Agency has been informed and the Landlord of the property is to be interviewed.

We have had a heavy Police presence in the area including mounted Police and regular stop checks.

A litter clean has been undertaken and leaflet drops have taken place to households regarding bin collections, also a member from the Fire Service has visited a local Prayer House (Arabic Language School) with Ghulam Shazad and Councillor Daalat Ali and we are to have a BIG CLEAN UP organised by them.

The CCTV camera we have had in place for 8 months was found to be faulty and so a cherry picker was organised for last Friday and the camera is now back in operation.

Of course, non of this would have happened but for the actions of a fed up neighbour on our street who approached our local MP Simon Danczuk, but at least it has raised awareness and set the ball rolling. Very Happy

Last edited by Poppyanna555 on Sun May 19, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun May 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Charly posted: Well, s/he's got black cats and sweeping brooms that look pretty strange!

Charly, for goodness sake.....now you have completely blown my cover! Rolling Eyes

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:Cyfrifia, I do believe that the Police have stepped up their game against anti-social behaviour yes, certainly in my area where we have recently had a lot of help from the Police and Council and other agencies.

Pleased to hear that Poppy, police presence and some activity by the 'authorities' does help keep a lid on things.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:
----- Last week, they raided a local property and found 9 men living in a 2 bedroom terraced house, 4 of them were 'illegals' and UK Border Agency has been informed and the Landlord of the property is to be interviewed.

A litter clean has been undertaken and leaflet drops have taken place to households regarding bin collections,

Very Happy

With the other previous crimes reported in your area, patrolling horses and a well-fowled neighbourhood, " It's Good ," .. that you can stay positive. ---- Your cats and brooms have failed miserably though Poppyanna ! WHEN did the area litter clean take place ?

Walking up Belfield Road from the Croft Shifa Health Centre this afternoon was such a depressing experience. Mad The detritus .. filthy rubbish and fly tipping behind the first row of houses on the right was shocking - discarded bed mattresses, loads of bags of waste, food remains, loose mounds of domestic debris, etcetera.

I can only offer commiserations. Clearly some residents don't even give a fig about other people, or the shared environment

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I know Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon May 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Why, has this particular neighbourhood deteriorated badly? There must be many similar neighbourhoods with similar circumstances?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 pm

There are many reasons Cyfrifia including ignorance, apathy, rogue and uneducated families and private housing stock which appears often to be snapped up by dubious landlords who are only ' in it for the money,' with no interest in maintaining their properties; and yes, an influx of Asians, many of whom seem to be prominent on the list of being our local drug dealers and many others who certainly need educating on how to dispose of their rubbish!

I am all for integration 50/50 but, what RMBC has done is to flood the area with Asian families, pushing the indigenous population out and creating ghettos.

Belfield is mirroring Deeplish at the moment.... at a fast rate!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 am

All races have a propensity to 'flock' together both from a safety angle and social interaction - ref - Little England enclaves in Spain and other places -. To disperse by 'order' is against that individuals human right and produces a diaspora whereupon those individuals are more easily prayed upon - ref - Jews throughout Europe in previous centuries. The correct way would have been to 'order' schooling from an early age to have been 'integrated' thereby giving the young the chance to appreciate and understand each other. Not rocket science is it!! Too late is the cry? Rubbish. It is never to late to use common sense. As for the rest - we shall have to live with the consequences. affraid Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu May 23, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks for that explanation, Poppy, and, sorry about the situation. Have you considered retiring to the seaside?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 am

That remark sounds a bit pompous Cyffi, seems a bit like 'if you dont like it, get out!'
I'd like to retire to the seaside but dont have the funds to allow me to do that, maybe Poppy is in a similar situation.
When I bought my house I never imagined it would turn into an area where anti-social behaviour happens if not daily, certainly every weekend.
I once heard it described as the place where a fight starts every Friday night...and lasts till Sunday.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 am

Sorry you find my writing style a bit pompous, Charly. I appreciate it isn't easy to 'retire to the seaside', there is a lot to consider, finance, health and family etc., but, putting myself in the situation as described, it's what I would be thinking about .

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu May 23, 2013 9:42 am

Cyfrifia, I would love to retire to the seaside yes, but as Charly pointed out, there is no way I can afford to. I bought this property 9 years ago following a divorce, I knew the area wasn't exactly 'up market' but it was what I could afford and, I bought my property without having to take on a mortgage... a plus factor for sure. I visited the local area 4 times at different times in the day to 'get a feel of the area' before I made my purchase and, I can honestly say that the area was never this bad and remained that way for the first 3 years, and then the rot set in ......

Also, I love the house itself and I have spent a lot of money on it, including the garden, and so have several of my neigbbours on theirs. Speaking of which, I have some great neighbours (counts for a lot) and the problems are not specifically related to this row, apart from the one at the end (with the chickens) and the one next door to that, with a rogue family in it. Another house is empty at the present and the remainder seem owned by responsible home owners. The detritus we are surrounded by is a big problem, some created by tenants in rented properties that attract a high turnover of dubious tenants, because the landlords are basically letting out sub-standard properties that no-one else would consider renting. The Police raided one of these properties last week and found 9 men in one of these rented properties, 4 of them illegals...I think that sums up the mindset of some of these landlords.

Then of course, there are the drug dealers....lured to the area because of some seclusion, we sit on a back road with a wooded area behind us and so they feel free from prying eyes.

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 am

Yes, Poppy, I can follow the story you tell. The change in your neighbourhood is something I've seen similar, not as extreme. If you decide you can't move, you can't, but, it does need thinking through. I've seen people make a similar move to escape a problem neighbourhood, it's worked out well for them, and they wish they'd done it sooner, but it's all down to individual circumstances.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Despite speaking to Steven Pyke (RMBC) and e-mailing Daalat Ali, Shakil Ahmed and Ghulam Shazad (the latter 2 making all the right noises but doing nothing) the filthy mattresses (4 of them) and bags of soiled nappies and several other mounds of household rubbish behind properties near to me still remain (now into the 4th week) and have been regularly added to over this period of time.

Seeing a newly dumped bag of rubbish this evening, I managed to retrieve some paperwork with a name and address, telephone number etc of one the offenders (presumably)?

I rang the call centre number and have given details, they have said they will contact me to pick up the paperwork ..... which just so happens to be associated with a RMBC employee.....so tired of listening to platitudes, lets see how long they take to deal with this now? bounce
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 am

Poppyanna555 wrote:Despite speaking to Steven Pyke (RMBC) and e-mailing Daalat Ali, Shakil Ahmed and Ghulam Shazad (the latter 2 making all the right noises but doing nothing) the filthy mattresses (4 of them) and bags of soiled nappies and several other mounds of household rubbish behind properties near to me still remain (now into the 4th week) and have been regularly added to over this period of time.

Seeing a newly dumped bag of rubbish this evening, I managed to retrieve some paperwork with a name and address, telephone number etc of one the offenders (presumably)?

I rang the call centre number and have given details, they have said they will contact me to pick up the paperwork ..... which just so happens to be associated with a RMBC employee.....so tired of listening to platitudes, lets see how long they take to deal with this now? bounce

Poppy, might be an idea to take a photo. A picture paints a 1000 words. If you do, post it here and ask people to share it. Let's get it posted it on FB and tweeted. I would also video the chickens etc.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next